Business By SusanaDalia Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 10:11pm by leah_s

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:31am
post #61 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfish74

Actually, you did say "brains help" which is probably why you removed the posting from the thread--so you could blame the "newby" for the mistake and then offer up a stream of ridicule and wisecracks that I'm sure you're hoping will get some support and "attaboys" from your cronies on this forum. That's fine. As far as the buttons are concerned. I don't think they differ much from other blog sites and forums I am a part of. I take it that you were completely familiar with the navigation of this site when you first joined? Please let me know how you managed that one. That would greatly help me and anyone else here who actually has to learn the in's and out's of a new site. You must have checked out my profile and found out my age...hence the crack about "pre-lasik". Sorry to disappoint. I don't wear glasses nor have I had lasik. Maybe you'll be as fortunate. As far as "nurturing" goes, I was being facetious about the cha-chas. I take it you didn't grasp that. Nurturing a customer relationship is necessary in start up...but only if you want return customers. I do know that when people run out of anything meaningful to say, they start with the cracks and the insults. I guess that's my cue that this conversation has run it's course. I won't post anything after this. I just hate to see someone ask for help and then get feedback that beats her up. I don't think it's necessary and my husband and I have run two successful businesses for longer than you've probably fit into your bikini. Your allusion to the "long time members" gives me the same feeling I had as a high school freshman when confronted by the seniors who wanted me to "know my place". I thought this was an adult forum.
I hope you enjoyed that popcorn.

The feedback did not beat her up.

No the lasik thing had nothing to do with you.

Yes I'm not understanding the chachas and nurturing part. Nobody nurtured me during any businesses that I've launched but I'm not opposed to it. It just doesn't happen in the real world.

Relationships with customers has nothing to do with contacting a real estate agent. She asked, "How big should my bakery be because I don't know. And once you figure that out, please tell me how much that costs."

What cracks and insults? Read over the thread and find them. There are some there but...

Drivers do not cut and run. You took a lonely stand and now are wondering why you're lonely?

Just stick around. It's so easy to quit. Do the chacha and the salsa too toss in some flamingo.

You have some pretty cakes.

And no, nobody here is any more or less adult than you and me.

God, don't make me nurture you! icon_rolleyes.gif

I HEART K8!

icon_biggrin.gif

4 so many reasons!

(((((kicon_cool.gif))))

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:04am
post #62 of 69

I just read through this whole post and wanted to add my thoughts. I am a Real Estate Agent in Nashville. I don't really do commercial but my broker works with a lot of people in the commercial side of things. We property manage commercial spaces. I must say I thought the agent was not rude but giving you a lot of information. From my experiece commercial agents are a whole different ball game from residential agents. While you may have thought he was being rude, I think he wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into as far as space was concerned.

He went out of his way and overboard on giving you some advice. I don't think he wanted to waste your time or his if you didn't have your financing in place. I have been burned before myself with running people around looking at houses that could not get a loan to buy that house.

Also, not everyone has the same personality and don't see eye to eye. If you don't feel comfortable with him, just say thanks and find someone that makes you comfortable.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:35am
post #63 of 69

So it's 7 to 24 now and half of the 7 are not iron clad that he was rude--they could see how he could be taken as rude but said he gave good advice.

That's pretty conclusive huh.

Brontecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brontecakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:35am
post #64 of 69

Well that was intense!!!!

I love CC .................. its better than Days of Our Lives!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:46am
post #65 of 69

Personally, I would love to have a real estate agent be that up-front with me!

IMHO, you should sleep on it and revisit the email tomorrow. I'm always amazed at how many things seem so horrid one day can seem harmless the next.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 7:03am
post #66 of 69

Ooooohhhh I really do love some good drama!

icon_wink.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:05pm
post #67 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerbear

IMHO, you should sleep on it and revisit the email tomorrow. I'm always amazed at how many things seem so horrid one day can seem harmless the next.

This is something my mother always told me growing up. So true...

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:04pm
post #68 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaredUp

I LOVE ALL OF YOU! icon_biggrin.gif

I bet that most people would never think "cake" could get so ugly! LOL

Yeah, we don't sugar coat things here, do we ?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:11pm
post #69 of 69

That's why I prefer to hang out over here in the business forum. Gotta be wearin' you big girl panties over here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%