How Long...

Baking By Twopeasinapod Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 6:05am by Pebbles13

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 7

have you frozen NFSC iced with Antonia RI? Just didn't know how long they would still be fresh.

6 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 7

Excellent question, I was just wondering the same thing!

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:52am
post #3 of 7

Hi Twopeas and Kandu!

I've frozen NFSC w/ royal icing (Antonia74's) for 2 weeks and couldn't tell a difference in the taste. The icing, however, seemed to look a little dull after they defrosted. It wasn't a huge difference since regular RI doesn't dry really shiney. They were Christmas gifts and everyone raved about them, which made me happy! I'd rather not freeze iced cookies, but sometimes it's necessary when you have time constraints. In fact, I have some in the freezer right now that were going to be for a get-together but it was postponed for a few weeks. I'm curious to see how these will look when they thaw out. A couple of hints - 1)I wrapped them really well in saran wrap, then foil, then a ziploc freezer bag. Then I put them in a Tupperware to protect them from breaking. 2) When you're ready to thaw them, just set the container on the counter without opening or unwrapping the cookies. This seems to help prevent condensation from forming on the cookies. I hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Pebbles13 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:59am
post #4 of 7

Hi Twopeas and Kandu!

I've frozen NFSC w/ royal icing (Antonia74's) for 2 weeks and couldn't tell a difference in the taste. The icing, however, seemed to look a little dull after they defrosted. It wasn't a huge difference since regular RI doesn't dry really shiney. They were Christmas gifts and everyone raved about them, which made me happy! I'd rather not freeze iced cookies, but sometimes it's necessary when you have time constraints. In fact, I have some in the freezer right now that were going to be for a get-together but it was postponed for a few weeks. I'm curious to see how these will look when they thaw out. A couple of hints - 1)I wrapped them really well in saran wrap, then foil, then a ziploc freezer bag. Then I put them in a Tupperware to protect them from breaking. 2) When you're ready to thaw them, just set the container on the counter without opening or unwrapping the cookies. This seems to help prevent condensation from forming on the cookies. I hope this helps icon_smile.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:36am
post #5 of 7

Thank you Pebbles!! I'm going to give it a try. Just one question. When you are wrapping them, do you mean wrap each individual cookie w/saran and foil or do you stack/group them together?

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:55am
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the help! From what I understand, you wrap each cookie seperatly.

Pebbles13 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:05am
post #7 of 7

The cookies I made for Christmas were wrapped in a single layer (grouped) with plastic wrap between each layer. Then I wrapped the layers in foil, placed in a ziploc bag, then in a Tupperware. I didn't wrap them individually, but I'm sure that would work too. Just make sure that the container they are in is sealed very tightly so they don't get freezer burn.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%