How Do You Read Cc Each Day?

Decorating By 282513 Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 12:21am by 282513

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 30

I am just curious when you log onto CC what do you do? I like to look at the pictures, and the topics but rarely do I go to the forums. If I have time I will check the last uploads. The amount of times I check on CC I only have time to check the home page. icon_redface.gif

29 replies
saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 30

Ha ha ha - isn't it funny how we get into a pattern of things..... I start by checking out the newest upload page then i go into the forum and browse "how do I" then "cake decorating" then "general". Then i go back to any posts i've made in the last couple of days to see if anyone has asked any questions about what i've said... but i haven't posted very much so that usually doesn't take very long... then i do a forum search for whatever caught my eye or whatever topic brought me to CC in the first place that time.

I probably spend 2-3 hours on here everyday... you guys are just so awesome!

dawnnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnnb Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 30

That's too funny saramachen! I do the exact same thing usually with a coffee in hand. By the time I'm finished 2 hours are goneicon_smile.gif

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 30

Yes this site is addicting. And No I dont get anything done! icon_redface.gif By the time I check out the forums, my tea is cold and everyone is wondering where supper is! icon_lol.gif

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 30

I stay "logged in" all the time. I look at the front page then go straight to the forums page and look at the latest post since my last visit. Funny how predictable we can get.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 30

This is such a funny topic!
After my emails checking is done I open CC. All this is done in the couple hours I give myself in the morning before my kids wake up for school. Right now I've been back and forth between my emails and CC for the last couple of hours since the kids are still asleep being Saturday.
I look at the pics on the front, then read the front page topics. Then go to the last uploads. Sometimes if the newest additions intrigue me enough, I will look at that persons photos of all their cakes. But if I like a cake now, I save it to my folders I've created instead of 'favorites'. I also like to go to the 'uncommented' and like to leave comments if I hadn't already. But for me, it's emails and CC!!!
Thanks for starting this post. WE ARE ALL ADDICTS TO CC!!!
That would be another Topic.....anyone on here that's NOT a CC addict!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 30

Forums first: general, cake dec business, cake decorating, disasters, how do I, cupcakes, cookies, lounge (in this order)

I usually only browse the gallery if I am looking for something specific.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:42pm
post #8 of 30

Forums first for me too. I start near the top at "How Do I?" and work my way down...I generally skip "Candy Making..." and "Cake Decorating Business", and everything from "Announcements" down.

I also never log out, although it happens on its own sometimes.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 30

Coffee and CC go hand in hand. I generally stop by Starbucks (vice #1) on the way back from taking the kids to school and log on to CC (vice #2) and spend some quiet peaceful "me time. Check out the lastest pics, look for any pics when I need a thought, then the forum. Not doubt I am an addict even with the warning posted!

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 30

well, i start out intending to look for a recipe, and see a topic that catches my eye, so i wind up reading a couple of those, then a pic catches my eye, so i look at a couple of those... i think i have Cake ADD, i cant focus on what i came here to do, then i wind up closing it out and going... CRAP! i forgot to get the recipe!... so i go back and chase my tail again. maybe its just me... i hope not...

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 7:49pm
post #11 of 30

I always check the home page for any interesting topics....check my pm's and then go to the General Forum...sometimes the lounge...sometimes how-to...depends on how much time I have to surf.

282513 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:42pm
post #12 of 30

icon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing, I wish we got paid for the amount of time we spend on here!

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:50pm
post #13 of 30

I always start with a coffee in hand! I love having a laptop so i can take it into the kitchen when i am doing cakes... to easily remind me what my inspiration cake looked like, or instead of printing the recipe or just to browse as my cake bakes... The recipes on this site are super! I forgot to mention i end up searching for one recipe or another almost everyday!

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:22pm
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Quote:

But if I like a cake now, I save it to my folders I've created instead of 'favorites'

Hi Vickymacd,

How do you save the pics to your folders? (Are you talking about saving a pic to your hard drive?)

Thanks,
Tammy

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #15 of 30

I bring up the pic, right click on my mouse, save it to my "Cake Folder" of a thousand different types. I have one main folder called "Cakes". then within that folder are several folders such as Valentines, Animals, Wedding, etc.
I know it takes away from the 'favorites' listing on everyones pics, but I lost so many wonderful pics when CC crashed. I love looking at all the pics for ideas. I wish I would have saved them under the 'owner' of that cake, but forgot to do that in the beginning. If you do it that way, you can always reference them or acknowledge them for their pic. Then, if you get too many, you can pull those from your computer and put on disc, flash drive, etc.
This way I don't have to go through a million pics to find one I'm looking for. It's already under a specific folder.
Hope that helps.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendaleAZ

Quote:
Quote:

But if I like a cake now, I save it to my folders I've created instead of 'favorites'

Hi Vickymacd,

How do you save the pics to your folders? (Are you talking about saving a pic to your hard drive?)

Thanks,
Tammy

You can simply start a new folder in the Bookmarks or Favorites of your web browser and save pages directly there by adding to bookmark or adding to favorites.

I generally go to the home page and see what forum topics intrigue me. Then I will check home page pics. Then check My Photos & My Forum Posts. I do this everyday, several times a day.

Recipes searches are only so often and when I do those, I go and get the recipe and that's it. Usually I need it at that moment so don't have time to browse - but I do more than enough of that everyday LOL.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm
post #17 of 30

How did you know I read CC everyday? Have you been following me around? Am I in trouble? Just kidding. But I confess, anyway. I go to my e-mail first to see if there are any new posts on topics I'm watching, comments on my photos, PMs, etc. Then I log on to CC, look at the new pictures, save any that I really like, and the I check out the forum posts on the main page. After that, I check out the new recipes. That's just my normal routine. If I need to find a particular recipe, learn a new technique or get inspiration for something I'm doing, then I do the proper searches. Sometime in all this I try to get in touch with some of the friends I've made on CC. Believe it or not, I still find time to make cakes and, oh yes, hold down my day job.

Edited to add something I left out.

lostincake Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

I bring up the pic, right click on my mouse, save it to my "Cake Folder" of a thousand different types. I have one main folder called "Cakes". then within that folder are several folders such as Valentines, Animals, Wedding, etc.
I know it takes away from the 'favorites' listing on everyones pics, but I lost so many wonderful pics when CC crashed. I love looking at all the pics for ideas. I wish I would have saved them under the 'owner' of that cake, but forgot to do that in the beginning. If you do it that way, you can always reference them or acknowledge them for their pic. Then, if you get too many, you can pull those from your computer and put on disc, flash drive, etc.
This way I don't have to go through a million pics to find one I'm looking for. It's already under a specific folder.
Hope that helps.

So funny...I've done this too if I really love something special about the cake i.e. different or new technique or colour combo etc. And it's even more uncanny that you mention saving under owner's name. I add the user name at the beginning of the file name when I'm saving it - that way I can acknowledge them if I ever need to.

glendaleAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:51pm
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Quote:

vickymacd wrote
I bring up the pic, right click on my mouse, save it to my "Cake Folder" of a thousand different types. I have one main folder called "Cakes". then within that folder are several folders such as Valentines, Animals, Wedding, etc

LOL - Me too. I have a main folder "CAKES", then under Cakes I have sub folders for: over the hill, flowers, painting, ribbons, food, body parts, etc...

My problem is ... after I save the pic I get a generic image and not the photo of the pic I saved. Please see the attachment -- have any ideas why this happens?

thanks.

EDIT - this is so funny. the photo show-up in this thread, but will not show on my computer?
LL

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:53pm
post #20 of 30
Quote:

You can simply start a new folder in the Bookmarks or Favorites of your web browser and save pages directly there by adding to bookmark or adding to favorites.

If you do it this way, I don't think you'll have access to them when CC is down for maintenance.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:11pm
post #21 of 30

My top 3 are email, CC and facebook.

When I get up I check my email and I usually have a bunch of emails from CC about new replies to forums, so I start there reading all the new posts to topics, then I go to the CC homepage and look at the pics and top forum posts. Then I go to the forums and click on the corner where it says " new posts since last visit" and read from there - and then my day is over and its time to go to bed! haha!!

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:30pm
post #22 of 30

WHere is the "my forum topics" tab? I see "my photos" and "my favorite photos" and "my forum info" and all of that, but I don't see how I can access just MY forum topics that I've posted. LOL - obviously, I'm a newbie here, but my routine goes - newly posted pics, and then forums (how do i and cake decorating).

glendaleAZ Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:33pm
post #23 of 30

Go to your Private Messages, then select watched topics.

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:33pm
post #24 of 30

Ignore my last post! I found it...and couldn't feel any dumber! LOL.

lostincake Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:35am
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cserwa

Ignore my last post! I found it...and couldn't feel any dumber! LOL.

LOL...it's not hard to miss it since it's only on the main page...

I sure do wish they had that link on ALL pages. icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #26 of 30

I barely have time to see new cakes anymore..so after I take a fast look at the one in the hompage, I go and answer a few questions in the forums..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #27 of 30

Morning routine is put on coffee, turn on computer, feed cat and dogs, sit down at pc to check emails then start on homepage of CC to browse new pictures and topics with coffee in hand. My how time flies when your having fun. Next thing I know an hour (or more) has past and I have to play catch up doing my chores. Oh well. Everytime it is coffee break time I sit back down to see if anything new has come up. Of course, I always look for inspiration when I have a new cake come up. BTW, is there a CC Anonymous?

Like the idea of folders. I can never find anything I thought I saw before.

lostincake Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:42am
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Quote:

If you do it this way, I don't think you'll have access to them when CC is down for maintenance.

That's true!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm
post #29 of 30

Email and CC ... I live in those two screens.

I check the forums by clicking "View posts since last visit". This keeps me updated on the newest threads and comments in all categories. I can't remember the last time I clicked into each individual forum.

When I view pics, I go to the gallery and click "Latest Uploads", so I can see the most current and go backwards. This way I never miss a photo that may have slipped by on the rapidly changing home page.

come to think of it, I rarely rarely RARELY even see the home page anymore!

282513 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 12:21am
post #30 of 30

Thanks Indydebi, I didn't know about the since your last post tab. No wonder you are so "in the know!" thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%