FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:23pm
post #31 of 52

Thanks cakegirl1973 icon_smile.gif

jade8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jade8 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:56pm
post #32 of 52

Mb20fan
i have been trying for sometime to find a website or email at least for her but come up with nothing. if you have that info could you pm me? i live in canada and would like to contact her to see if she will ship all the way up here. i would order through global sugar art but there are so many steps and handling fees involved before they even ship it out.

Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #33 of 52

To my knowledge, they do not have a website...this is an older couple, "old school". When I placed my first order, I called her to get the details of how she wanted me to place my order. She gave me the shipping charge upfront and I mailed my money order to her and about a week later (maybe less), I received my order. Now, I just mail a check to her (when I know my total amount since my orders are usually the same) with a note letting her know what I want (since I'm established with her) and she sends it out. I believe the quantity choices are 8oz $7.00, 16oz $13.00 and 32oz $24.00 - unless something VERY recent has changed. Also, this is NOT the same "Wedding Bouquet" as seen on other websites...she makes this herself from scratch and it's sold exclusively from her. HTH.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 7:03pm
post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb20fan

To my knowledge, they do not have a website...this is an older couple, "old school". When I placed my first order, I called her to get the details of how she wanted me to place my order. She gave me the shipping charge upfront and I mailed my money order to her and about a week later (maybe less), I received my order. Now, I just mail a check to her (when I know my total amount since my orders are usually the same) with a note letting her know what I want (since I'm established with her) and she sends it out. I believe the quantity choices are 8oz $7.00, 16oz $13.00 and 32oz $24.00 - unless something VERY recent has changed. Also, this is NOT the same "Wedding Bouquet" as seen on other websites...she makes this herself from scratch and it's sold exclusively from her. HTH.

could I ask how much you paid for shipping?

Mb20fan Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 7:24pm
post #35 of 52

Of course, this could vary depending on your location, but for the 8oz & 16oz, it's $5.00 to ship...32oz is $10.00.

I'm not affiliated, just a devoted customer. If you call her, she will give you the exact costs upfront. icon_smile.gif

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:11am
post #36 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb20fan

Of course, this could vary depending on your location, but for the 8oz & 16oz, it's $5.00 to ship...32oz is $10.00.

I'm not affiliated, just a devoted customer. If you call her, she will give you the exact costs upfront. icon_smile.gif

thanks thumbs_up.gif

LovelyLady39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyLady39 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:11pm
post #37 of 52

so the overall consensus is that B&B is better then Sugar Shacks?

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:22pm
post #38 of 52

Dose anyone know the shelf life of high ratio ???

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:29pm
post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLady39

so the overall consensus is that B&B is better then Sugar Shacks?

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif hmm...No, I don't think so. Sharon's (Sugarshack) recipe is great! I sub the coffeemate creamer for any of the flavored liquid creams and it tastes absolutely wonderful and is always so smooth and creamy to work with. I also just use the butter/almond/vanilla flavoring instead of the bouquet and it tastes great! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

LovelyLady39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyLady39 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:32pm
post #40 of 52

oh crap I meant about the wedding bouquet, there are a couple ppl that make it right? maybe I'm wrong...

Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 6:41pm
post #41 of 52

Is this a crusting buttercream?

Page

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 6:46pm
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagea

Is this a crusting buttercream?

Page

Yes... icon_smile.gif

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:35pm
post #43 of 52

I used Sugarshack's recipe this weekend...I was very hesitant because I'm not a fan of the homemade shortening based buttercreams. I added some butter flavoring and after I allowed the icing to sit out for a few hours, it tasted really good.

craise79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craise79 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:55pm
post #44 of 52

I know that their is a thread about this somewhere but I can't seem to find it.... Every time I make SS buttercream I get very tiny air bubbles. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? Hopefully some one can help! Thanks!

pbhobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbhobby Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 9:05pm
post #45 of 52

So maybe some of you can help me...I tried sugarshacks BC recipe for the first time this past weekend. It taste great but when I made it, it was full of air bubbles. I don't know what I did wrong??? When I was making the BC the frosting came to the top of the mixer paddle? I used CK brand Hi Ratio shortening and I used a powdered coffee creamer. Any suggestions??? I'd like to try it again and get it right this time I just don't know what I need to do different.

Mb20fan Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 9:16pm
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLady39

oh crap I meant about the wedding bouquet, there are a couple ppl that make it right? maybe I'm wrong...

B & B is the name of the local cake supply store that makes their own Wedding Bouquet flavoring that Sharon and many others use in their buttercream. But you can use any flavoring that you'd like. There's no B & B recipe - it's SugarShack's recipe but Sharon flavors hers with this Wedding Bouquet Emulsion. Not all flavorings labeled as "Wedding Bouquet" are the same. HTH.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 10:20pm
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbandana

So maybe some of you can help me...I tried sugarshacks BC recipe for the first time this past weekend. It taste great but when I made it, it was full of air bubbles. I don't know what I did wrong??? When I was making the BC the frosting came to the top of the mixer paddle? I used CK brand Hi Ratio shortening and I used a powdered coffee creamer. Any suggestions??? I'd like to try it again and get it right this time I just don't know what I need to do different.

Here is a video of the technique to get it airless:

HTH!

pbhobby Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 10:54pm
post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbandana

Here is a video of the technique to get it airless:

HTH!

Thank you so much Sharon! That video was very helpful! I was getting the sucking noise and I'm sure I wasn't scraping the sides of the bowl effectively. I'll be making another cake this weekend. I can't wait to try it again.

sugarshack Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:05pm
post #49 of 52

good luck!

craise79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craise79 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:44pm
post #50 of 52

Thanks Sharon! I'll keep trying, I'm bound to get it right eventually!

sugarshack Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:08am
post #51 of 52

you will! took me a while too.

pbhobby Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 9:09pm
post #52 of 52

Sharon,
I watched your video a billion times and I read every forum on CC about getting the air bubbles out of your BC recipe. It took me 3 batches but I FINALLY have the smoothest most beautiful buttercream I've ever seen. WOOHOOO!!!! Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%