Nut And Party Cups

Decorating By codell Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 1:10am by mommicakes

codell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
codell Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 6

Can I bake in the wilton nut and party cups. I would like to make some popcorn cupcakes but just need to know if they are ok to bake in and then eat out of?

5 replies
chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:23am
post #2 of 6

They are safe, I have seen many cupcakes baked directly in them. I have not done it myself yet, but I just bought some and will be doing it this weekend. (I want to make the popcorn cups too!

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:48am
post #3 of 6

I have made cupcakes using them and they came out fine. My question is how do you easily remove them to eat the cupcake?

The top edge was very difficult to tear to remove the cupcake. We ended up eating the cupcakes with a fork straight out of the nut cup! The cupcakes (white chocolate mocha cupcakes from iheartcuppycakes.com) were so worth it!

Karen

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:30am
post #4 of 6

So cupcakes were okay? I saw that they had a platic looking lining and thought that might melt into a cupcake. But if you have had good results, it must just appear to be plastic.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 6

When I made my popcorn cupcakes, I baked in regular liners and then when they were done, I popped them into the nut cups.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:10am
post #6 of 6

Just for fun today, I had some left over batter from a cake I was making, and used the nut cups to bake up some cupcakes in. I thought they worked out well. Kids thought they were awesome. Just put a little snip in the top (makes it easier to peel off when you eat them) (Thanks to JK she told me that tip!!!) have fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%