Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Decorating By minicuppie Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 3:52pm by minicuppie

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 15

I let a friend auction off a coupon for a V-day cookie bouquet at her church bazar. Problem...whoever made up the coupon transposed my phone number. No cookies for her V-day! Now she wants something for her wedding anniversary next week. I offered to do something else (this looks as bad for me as anyone else) and she said "No No, we like cookies". I want to make something special (to make up for the stupid mistake) and thought about cheesecake stuffed strawberries....only I have no clue how to do them. Anyone?

14 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 15

I think you should make cookies.

If you previously offered to make something else and they said we like cookies, then you should listen to your customer.

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 15

I agree, I'd also want the cookies if I was in the position of the customer.

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 15

those sound amazing, the cheesecake strawberries icon_biggrin.gif how do you make them?

I would also make the cookies if that is what they want!

CheriN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CheriN Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 15

Here is a recipe for cheesecake stuffed strawberries:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stuffed-Strawberries/Detail.aspx
but, I also agree with the others that if she is expecting cookies then you should probably make her cookies... but there is no problem throwing in some stuffed strawberries as well... if you are really feeling bad about it. HTH!

CheriN Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:19pm
post #6 of 15
patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 15

Thank You!!

minicuppie Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 15

Surprise! icon_biggrin.gif She had never heard of cheesecake strawberries so I emailed the basics and a few pix and she wanted to purchase a half dozen in addition to the cookies! (of course I will comp them). She said they always order stuff from HEB and was really excited to taste my products.

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 6:35pm
post #9 of 15

Wow, those sound fabulous!!! We made chocolate-dipped long-stemmed strawberries for V-Day and they were a huge success. I'm going to have to try these. Thanks for posting Minnicuppie and thanks for replying Chen. K'ly

CheriN Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 8:46pm
post #10 of 15

That is great! I am so glad it all worked out! thumbs_up.gif

minicuppie Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:11pm
post #11 of 15

Here is how I will make them...I found the most luscious long stem organic strawberries at the co-op yesterday. She has some that will be ready Tuesday and I can come to her greenhouse and pick them myself. I am making a New York style cheesecake tomorrow. I will squish up the CC (probably half?) then gently but firmly mound a generous amount around the berry and pop into the fridge to finish firming up. I have about 2 cups of chocolate in the freezer from holiday baking...a hybrid mix of bits and pieces all melted together (semi sweet, milk, dark, unsweetend...waste not want not..yeah?). The berry/CC thingies will be dipped, then when dry maybe some white chocolate and red candy disk sqiggles? I'll send pix. I saw this on Paula Deen's son's show a while back...give credit where due. cuppie

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:37pm
post #12 of 15

Oh my, those strawberries sound amazing. Can't wait to try some. I don't know if anyone has had this problem or not but in the chocolate classes that I've had, the instructor pounded in our head to never store chocolate in the fridge. Chocolate and moisture doesn't mix. It leaves the chocolate with a dull, marbled finish. I also store mine in an air tight container in the pantry. Be sure to do a sample run and make sure that this doesn't happen. I hope that they turn out beautifully. HTH

Stephanie

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:55pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

The berry/CC thingies will be dipped, then when dry maybe some white chocolate and red candy disk sqiggles?

minicuppie, are you going to dip the strawberries after they are stuffed with the cheesecake? That sound delicious! I've always read that I shouldn't refrigerate my berries after they have been "chocolatized" so I make them the day of. It usually isn't at all convenient, so I'm wondering if you will refrigerate these. Please be sure to post and let us know how they turned out. Thanks!

Martha

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:29pm
post #14 of 15

I agree with the 2 above posters. Choc and cold don't mix and the life after dipping them is very short lived. Also, when you wash your berries make sure they are completley dry before stuffing or dipping.

Stuffing them then dipping in choc. sounds fabulous. Please post pics and make sure to sample for us!!!

OH, also if the choc. seems to have lost it's sheen you can add a tsp of Crisco or whatever grease you have to it during ther melting process and it will bring it back. Plus it gives the choc. the ability to dry better.

minicuppie Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:52pm
post #15 of 15

I guess of have the luck of an idiot...have used frozen/thawed chocolate many times. Now that I know the potential evil results it will not work! LOL. Thanks for the tips....dry berries really well, check. I think I will have to chill the stuffed berry for a bit 'cuz the cake will fall apart when dipped? Anyway ....thanks for the input. I am new to the site and have been feelin' the love! cuppie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%