Cake Decorating Competition In Central Florida In April

Decorating By Joanne1944 Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 12:31pm by Joanne1944

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:12am
post #1 of 5

The large cake decorating competition at the Central Florida Fair is divided into 4 Divisions: Youth, Beginner Adult (less than 18 months experience, Amateur Adult and Professional Adult. Each Division is judged separately, so everyone has a chance to win. There is no charge to enter and there is no limit to the number of entries a person can submit.

Entry forms are available on the website: www.centralfloridafair.com Just go to Competitions and look for Confectionary Arts.
Entry forms must be received by April 1st either in the mail or on-line. Entries are due the weekend of April 11 - 12.

There are many different Categories, including Festival Theme, Wedding Cake 2-3 tiers, Wedding Cake 4 or more tiers, Groom's Cake, Novelty Shaped Cake, Holiday/Special Occasion, Miscellaneous Cake, Gingerbread House, Miniature Tiered Cake, Decorated Cookies, Decorated Cookie Bouquet, Cupcakes and Specimen (gumpaste) flowers. Ribbons and monetary prizes are awarded.

There were some very impressive entries in last year's competition, a very nice display. I enjoyed seeing them all. I did enter and won a first place ribbon for my gumpaste flowers. My daughters and nieces entered the Amateur Adult Category and also won some ribbons.

We are all planning to enter again this year.
Joanne

4 replies
craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:19am
post #2 of 5

Wow that sounds like so much fun!! Its about 3 hours from me and if I wasn't such a chicken I'd do it. I bet you will have a great time.

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, Joanne. This is good to know but there are hardly any competitions in Florida.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:31am
post #4 of 5

Do any decorators come from out of town to enter? Or do you have to live in Florida? I went to the website and couldn't find anything about the competition, I looked everywhere! Do you have a direct link?

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 5

This link will take you to the competitions. Then you can download the rules.
http://www.centralfloridafair.com/competitions.aspx

You can also request an entry book be mailed to you.

I think you need to be a Florida resident to enter, but I will check.

I live in Tampa, so it is about a 2 hour drive for me. It isn't to bad since there are two weekend entry days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%