Whipped Icing (Bettercreme)

Decorating By Softballlf12 Updated 9 Apr 2015 , 11:16am by babyboysmom

Softballlf12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Softballlf12 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:58am
post #1 of 5

I am new to the site. I work at a retail store we use buttercreme and non dairy whipped (bettercreme). I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for whipped icing in white and chocolate that would be willing to share. If so please reply back. Would be very greatful for the help.

Thanks,
AJ

4 replies
cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 4:13am
post #2 of 5

Are you just wanting a regular whipped cream icing? Or are you looking for something else? I use the older wilton stabilized whipped cream icing:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 t. clear vanilla extract
1 t. unflavored gelatin
4 t. water

Mix the gelatin in the water until soft. Then on low heat stir until dissolved. While letting that cool, not too long, mix the rest up until thick add the gelatin and beat until stiff peaks form.

Then for chocolate, I add chocolate syrup.

For coffee flavored I add 1 T. instant coffee that has been dissolved in a little bit of water.

Hope that is what you were looking for. This is probably already in the recipes, otherwise I am sure there is a bunch more you could find.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 5

Welcome AJ!

I'm not sure by your post if you are looking for dairy or non-dairy recipes.

Our recipe section has lots of icings: Here is the link to the icing recipes:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Recipes&sort=recipename&sort_dir=ASC&op=search&chname=X&chingredients=X&searchtext=icing&cat_id=-1

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyboysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyboysmom Posted 9 Apr 2015 , 11:16am
post #5 of 5

how much does this make? and is this freezable and if so how long is good for in freezer

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%