Cookie Bag Helllppppp!!!

Baking By kjgjam22 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 2:46am by SILVERCAT

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 8

Hi guys,

I bought some cookie bags..3inches by 4 inches...well they are too small. What size bags do you guys buy. I want to make some "cookie bouquets" Please help.

7 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 8

My most commonly used size is 4x7". I also use 5x7 and 3x5 quite a bit. I do sometimes use larger ones, but not often. You can use cello wrap from a roll if you're in a pinch - just cut to size and tape it at the back.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:29am
post #3 of 8

thanks tubbs. I measured the cookie sutters i had after i posted the question. i have a fairly good i dea now i think of the sizes i will need. thanks.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 8

I use sandwich bags, put the cookie to one corner twist, tie and snip the extra bag off.

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 8

for my large cookies i get the celo treat bags from hobby lobby, they come in a pack of 50 or 100. if i have the time i order from countrykitchensweetart.com. i had purchased "cookie bags" but they were to small so now i use those two different bags.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:59am
post #6 of 8

Don't forget to take into consideration the fact that you aren't putting something flat into the bags. I measured cookie cutters and my bags still weren't big enough because of the thickness of the cookie. Gussetted (sp?) bags are a safe bet if you are ordering online and aren't sure if your size will work.

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 8

I was needing a larger bag for a large bunny and decided to use an everyday baggie. I cut the zipper part off right above it and then it worked perfectly. I then used some more for some other cookies and decided they are pretty handy!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:46am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopeasinapod

I was needing a larger bag for a large bunny and decided to use an everyday baggie. I cut the zipper part off right above it and then it worked perfectly. I then used some more for some other cookies and decided they are pretty handy!

Sandwich baggies work out to be the same once you cut the zipper off the zippered ones, the good thing with the sandwich baggies are you get more for less! I think you can buy them in the dollar general store for $2.00 for three hundred!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%