My "boxes And Bows" Dvd Is Here!!!

Decorating By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm by destinyrn

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:12am
post #1 of 124

Yay! Sharon, I love you! I am snuggled under a quilt, watching the DVD with one eye, and watching a large amount of snow fall with the other. Oh, and I have my glass of wine, too.

Life is good... icon_biggrin.gif

123 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:19am
post #2 of 124

sounds like you're gonna have fun tonight!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 124

let me know what u think! Unless you don't like it, then nevermind.

lol

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:26am
post #4 of 124

Yep, mine came today too!! icon_lol.gif Break out the bubbly, send DH on his way and hog the DVD!... icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:27am
post #5 of 124

mine came today... can,t wait to watch it.. i love her... she is great!!!my husband , gave me the money for it.. i told him... this is my valentine present.. thank you! he liked that...

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:38am
post #6 of 124

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! i am impatiently awaiting mine!!!!!!!!!

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:48am
post #7 of 124

<snicker> I've only been racing to the mailbox every day...

Now hush, y'all...I am trying to learn...!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 1:14am
post #8 of 124

got mine too and can't wait to watch it, yipeeee!!!

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 1:50am
post #9 of 124

Poor Sharon...the pressure is really on, now, isn't it?!?! Do you get a pit in your tummy, hoping the DVD is well received, or are you completely over all that, now?

I am loving it so far. I like the attention to detail. I have to know...since you are so experienced, do you still do things the way you show on your videos, or do you "eyeball" things somewhat? For instance...the Buttercream DVD is...what...an hour long? How long does it take you, start to finish, to buttercream-ice a cake? Or fondant-cover a cake? Do you do a large volume of cakes still, or is most of your time spent on the DVD aspect of your business?

And BTW, tell your cameraman/woman that he/she is fabulous!

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:08am
post #10 of 124

No Fair!!!! I'm waiting for mine..I was dumb and waited to order until this week. DUH! Oh and Sharon, TOPSY TURVY DVD!!!!!

P.S. Alaska is not too cold, it's 30 degrees today..hot compared to other places..its no jacket weather!

kbak37 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:09am
post #11 of 124

No Fair!!!! I'm waiting for mine..I was dumb and waited to order until this week. DUH! Oh and Sharon, TOPSY TURVY DVD!!!!!

P.S. Alaska is not too cold, it's 30 degrees today..hot compared to other places..its no jacket weather!

sugarshack Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #12 of 124

duplicate post

sugarshack Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:13am
post #13 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

Poor Sharon...the pressure is really on, now, isn't it?!?! Do you get a pit in your tummy, hoping the DVD is well received, or are you completely over all that, now?

oh, no I worry big time over every one. I do not want to let you guys down. You pay hard earned money for these and I want to deliver

I am loving it so far. I like the attention to detail. I have to know...since you are so experienced, do you still do things the way you show on your videos, or do you "eyeball" things somewhat?

i do it just like i do in real life. if i measure or make a template in the dvd, i do in real life. if i eyeball it in dvd, i do in real life. I just decorate the cake like I am in my cake room and talk to you as i do it.

For instance...the Buttercream DVD is...what...an hour long? How long does it take you, start to finish, to buttercream-ice a cake?

i can do an 8 or 9 inch in 20-30 minutes. that might be long for some, but you have to work it to get good results. you do get faster with practice for sure.

Or fondant-cover a cake?

i can do a 12 inch in less than 1o minutes ( not including rolling it out)

Do you do a large volume of cakes still, or is most of your time spent on the DVD aspect of your business?

less cakes and more SugarEd now. The business has lead to me traveling to teach more (which I love). And the shooting, editing, blog and shipping stuff keeps me really busy. I still do cakes, still love them, but have the luxury of being more picky now. Trust me, I know how blessed I am.

And BTW, tell your cameraman/woman that he/she is fabulous!

Oh he is gunna eat that up! He is great and I am very lucky to have him. His wife does the close up camera and he does the other 2 and all the editing. he does a good job in editing too. Our 2 families have become freinds, but I still gotta pay him, the rat. LOL

Thank you for the support guys; it keeps me going. I am always open to feedback ( hint hint) so I know if I am on track and giving you guys what you want and need.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:45am
post #14 of 124

I also got mine today ! Im so excited, but have a busy weekend, so its all tucked away waiting for me.
Thanks Sharon for sharing so much of yourself with all of us so we can learn.

cas17 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:51pm
post #15 of 124

just finished watching her new dvd and i'm dizzy with all the awesome techniques and info that Sharon teaches!! It's so cool to build on what you already know and to learn tricks to do things better and better. My mouth dropped to the floor when I saw the bow loop tree she uses to dry her loops. My DH has a new project to do for me!! I love that it's all in real time and you feel like you are in a classroom with her and you get all her attention to yourself--so worth every penny! Oh--gotta get me that clay gun asap!!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:02pm
post #16 of 124

Mine came today icon_biggrin.gif . I have just watched the first one, and it is terrific thumbs_up.gif I will be dragging DH to the home improvement store for "Loop Tree" dowels tomorrow - what a fabulous idea. Thanks so much for another unbelievable production, Sharon!!!

sugarshack Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:26pm
post #17 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

just finished watching her new dvd and i'm dizzy with all the awesome techniques and info that Sharon teaches!! It's so cool to build on what you already know and to learn tricks to do things better and better. My mouth dropped to the floor when I saw the bow loop tree she uses to dry her loops. My DH has a new project to do for me!! I love that it's all in real time and you feel like you are in a classroom with her and you get all her attention to yourself--so worth every penny! Oh--gotta get me that clay gun asap!!

So you like it? You really like it? Whew! I worry. icon_smile.gif

So glad you do. I know your head wants to explode, there is so much in it. But you can go back and click on just the cake you want to watch and break it up, and absorb it over time.

That bow loop drier is Wendy's not mine. Her dad made it for her. Ain't it cool?

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:07pm
post #18 of 124

I finally watched the whole thing, and I love it! And thanks for answering all my questions in this post, Sharon! Ya done good!

I have a home-made bow drier...got it at Cake Camp and had hubby make me a few. SUPER EASY. Will try and get a pic when I am at home later.

cas17 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:36pm
post #19 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

So you like it? You really like it? Whew! I worry. icon_smile.gif

Yes I really really do!!

So glad you do. I know your head wants to explode, there is so much in it. But you can go back and click on just the cake you want to watch and break it up, and absorb it over time.

That's the beauty of having this awesome cool dvd

That bow loop drier is Wendy's not mine. Her dad made it for her. Ain't it cool?

Way cool, glad you and Wendy shared![/b]

sugarshack Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:40pm
post #20 of 124

Wendy is my BFF and an awesome caker. She is the one I always thank at the end of the DVDs cuz she spends 2 14 hours days here when we shoot helping in more ways than you can imagine. The DVDs could not be filmed without her help. I work her to death! Thank you Wen! MWAH

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:43am
post #21 of 124

I just got done watching the first cake -- the blue and brown wedding shower cake. AWESOME!! icon_biggrin.gif I'm sooo happy you made this video Sugarshack because I had questions on techniques that I might not have learned otherwise!! (Off to watch the rest of the video...) icon_lol.gif

cas17 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 1:40pm
post #22 of 124

yay wendy!!

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:13pm
post #23 of 124

you are all so lucky - I'm still waiting - blasted Canadian Post office!

kbak37 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:06pm
post #24 of 124

I'm with you Morselsbymark! I'm in Alaska blasted sled dogs! JK!

cas17 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #25 of 124

i do wonder how sharon kept a straight face when she said "before you flip you lid" during the making of the bridal shower box (the first one). it cracked me up! guess it could also mean that before you flip out thinking about how to make her gorgeous box cakes she will teach you step by step exactly how to do it.

i love her teaching style in that she talks just enough to let you know how to do things but not too much where you can easily get confused. she's very easy to follow.

sugarshack Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:20pm
post #26 of 124

Thank you Cas so very much! I just say what I am thinking as I make it . No script ( except the intro and closing, those are scripted and practiced.) The rest I wing it.

You should hear the out takes, not pretty, LOL.

My video guy says he owns me now since he has all the out takes. LOL (Yes, I say a few bad words, LOL)

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #27 of 124

I laughed at that to I was waiting for Sharon to say you fip it over before you flip your lid icon_lol.gif Especially after that first one kind of slid off the board Thats when I waited for it ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Hey Sharon with all those "out takes "
Do I see a blooper dvd in the works icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif
I have only had a chance to watch some of it but so far its AWESOME !! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:20pm
post #28 of 124

I laughed at that to I was waiting for Sharon to say you fip it over before you flip your lid icon_lol.gif Especially after that first one kind of slid off the board Thats when I waited for it ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Hey Sharon with all those "out takes "
Do I see a blooper dvd in the works icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif
I have only had a chance to watch some of it but so far its AWESOME !! thumbs_up.gif

cas17 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:54pm
post #29 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Thank you Cas so very much! I just say what I am thinking as I make it . No script ( except the intro and closing, those are scripted and practiced.) The rest I wing it.

You should hear the out takes, not pretty, LOL.

My video guy says he owns me now since he has all the out takes. LOL (Yes, I say a few bad words, LOL)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:54pm
post #30 of 124

Mine is in the mail too!! Can't wait!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%