Help! Charleston, Sc, Greenville, Sc Or Charlotte, Nc

Decorating By Lynnscakes_sc Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 4:16am by tryingcake

Lynnscakes_sc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnscakes_sc Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 18

Where I live we only have a couple of stores that sell cake supply stuff (very limited) and I wanted to know of there was others that I was near. I live in central South Carolina so I am only about 1 1/2 hour drive away from Charleston, SC, Greenville, SC or Charlotte, NC. I like to take long drives and do a little shopping in between. Any help would be great.

17 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 18

I'm not aware of any wonderful shops is either Charleston or Greenville, and I have no clue about Charlotte. If you're in central SC, you're not that far from Atlanta - go visit ISAC (Nicholas Lodge's store) and Cake Art - those two stores are fairly close together. Maybe someone else will know about Charlotte....

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 18

Lynnscakes_sc
my daughter lives in charlotte and one time I tried to find a supplier and couldn't. But still maybe someone else will know for sure

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 18

I'm in High Point, about an hour from Charlotte. I have a small shop but carry a lot of hard to find items such as hi ratio shortening; cake drums, etc. I'll also special order for you and I charge actual shipping..no handling charges.

address info is on my website: www.crawfordscreations.com

Hope you'll come see me!!

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 18

I went online and ordered a catalog from country kitchen. it is huge. just came in today. I am like a kid in a candy store. they will send you one for free. It's gonna be great reading material on my flight to reno to see my hubby next weekend

Lynnscakes_sc Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 18

Darn, I just knew one of those places would have had a great shop. Thanks for all of your responses.

Thanks, DDiva, I will check out your website and maybe your store this spring. I have a large wedding cake for a family member in May.

Anybody in SC know where I can find hi-ratio shortning. I want to try sugarshack's buttercream recipe and maybe order her video.

Bakingbythebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbythebeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 18

I'm in Georgetown SC and there's nothing around here! The only place for anything is to go up to Myrtle Beach to AC Moore or Michael's. It's sad that there's not anything more. I go to Charleston alot with my son to MUSC but still only big craft stores down there also.

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 18

I live in Hartsville, SC and we have one store in Hartsville and one in Florence, SC. They have pans, books, columns, boxes, boards and some flavorings and stuff. They aren't huge stores, but they have a bigger selection than Hobby Lobby. There is also a restaurant supply store that sells to the public in Florence. They have a few round pans and sheet pans there. I don't think it would be worth driving a long way to shop here, but if you're in the area, you might want to check them out.

Lynnscakes_sc Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 9:01pm
post #9 of 18

turtle3264, I would love the name of the store in Florence. I only live about 1 1/2hrs away. Maybe I could stop by on the way to the beach this spring. Can you also tell me the name of the resturant supply store that sells to the public. Thanks!

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:08pm
post #10 of 18

The cake store in Florence is called Unique Cake & Party Supplies. The phone number and address is (843) 662-5882 2417 Pamplico Hwy, #B Florence, SC. The other is called Florence Restaurant Supply (843) 662-7021
1310 S Meadows Farm Rd, Florence, SC 29505. I went ahead and googled it, so I would get the names right.

Lynnscakes_sc Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:10pm
post #11 of 18

Thanks turtle3264 (:

kissylips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissylips Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:10pm
post #12 of 18

I just found this store today in Mint Hill, NC (suburb of Charlotte).

Elaine's Baking and Kitchen Supplies
9249 Lawyers Road
Mint Hill NC
704-545-6672

It's a small shop, but she has SPS system, americolor, all kinds of cake boards, cookie cutters, tips, Satin Ice, premade icings and fillings, flavorings, CK products, Wilton pans and much more. She will special order things for you and said she can get you a better price on most things than you can get online. She is moving to a new location in Mint Hill in 2 months, but keeping the same phone number, so call ahead if you are going and make sure you can find her. She said the shop has been there 30 years! and I've been looking for something local for SO long! Hope this helps you NC/SC folks. icon_biggrin.gif I know I am thrilled to pieces.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:23pm
post #13 of 18

Sinfully Sweets hwy 51(matthews/pineville road) pineville...some ck products...silicon molds...wilton(duh)...pre-made sugar flowers...chocolate molds...
and
Whites office supply(believe it or not) kannapolis..same as above

there's a florist shop in salisbury that also has cake supplies...haven't a clue but was told they had quite a bit of 'items'

tnt320to Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt320to Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:33pm
post #14 of 18

Hi! I live in Lexington (right outside Columbia) so I'm guessing that's pretty close to you. There is a store called Chocolate Wonderland that has a fairly good supply and can order anything else if you have time. They have chocolate molds, lost of CK products (icing color, tips, etc.) They carry Petin Ice fondant and some pre-made fillings. They have floral paper, boxes, boards, dummies, drums, separators and pillars and lots of cool things. I can give you the address and number if you PM me.

Thanks!

Tamra

schaefer84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schaefer84 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 12:10am
post #15 of 18

Hey Lynnscakes_sc,
I'm thinking of opening a cake supply store in the Charelston/Summerville area and I was wondering what type of product that you were looking for?
Thanks,
Schaefer

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 12:36am
post #16 of 18

I'm in Columbia/Orangeburg, SC and the only place I've found with a good variety is Cake Art in Georgia. Just prepare to get a lot of stuff at 1 time! icon_smile.gif

jessim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessim Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:03am
post #17 of 18

Same as tnt320to: I live outside of Lexington SC and Chocolate Wonderland is very helpful, if they don't carry something they will order it if they can. Their prices are reasonable and they are very accomodatingl! Good luck and thanks to everyone who has posted other places around!!!!

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 4:16am
post #18 of 18

There is a supply shop in Pineville (Charlotte-my hometown) that has been there for years.

Sinfully Sweet Cakes

Her name is Joyce and she is super helpful.

8700 Pineville-Matthews Road
Charlotte, NC 28210
(704) 540-5007

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%