Answer This ?...in Your Opinion...

Decorating By Heatherly30 Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 3:46am by indydebi

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:30am
post #31 of 35

Debi.. try doing the swags on SMBC when it's warm icon_wink.gif.. it just doesn't work well. If it is going all the way down to the bottom of the tier it's a bit better, but if it's just hanging onto the side... nope... not gonna happen. icon_smile.gif I don't use crusting BC so it's a little different for me.

I can smooth a BC cake pretty damned quick too. It's really a toss up as to which is quicker, but I like fondant because it's more forgiving. I think this also has to do with the fact that I use SMBC, because if I brush against the fondant it doesn't mark up, but so the same with SMBC and you are back to smoothing.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #32 of 35

I'll hop on the Melvira bandwagon too! Although I love the look of fondant, I use more buttercream. The Melvira Method is the only one I've found that gets my cakes really smooth. icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:09am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Debi.. try doing the swags on SMBC when it's warm icon_wink.gif.. it just doesn't work well. If it is going all the way down to the bottom of the tier it's a bit better, but if it's just hanging onto the side... nope... not gonna happen. icon_smile.gif I don't use crusting BC so it's a little different for me.

I'll keep that in mind! I've got SMBC on my "things new to try this year" list so your advice is well-timed! Thanks!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:41am
post #34 of 35

Oh my Debi... you have just thrown caution to the wind lately huh? icon_wink.gif Make sure you take a look at my SMBC thread when you give it a go. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:46am
post #35 of 35

I guess once you turn 50, you just become a wild woman!! madhatter.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%