Sexiest Cake For A Conservative Decorator

Decorating By CatherineR Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 6:29am by evasmama

CatherineR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineR Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 7

I would like to see cake photos from those that are conservative but can still make sexy looking cakes without full nudity. I am "newbie" and just curious how you deal with customers that want more than what you're comfortable in decorating (or showing).

6 replies
tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 7

I would tell them what you are willing to do and let them decide if that will work for them. I certainly wouldn't make anything that made me uncomfortable. Decide what you are comfortable with and stick to your guns.

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 7

If you aren't comfortable doing it, just tell them no. Lingerie box cakes are really cute. You can also do a cake with a body in lingerie that is not really risky.

CatherineR Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for your help. icon_biggrin.gif I just lost my "newbie" status also!

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 4:39am
post #5 of 7

My favorites are the lacy corsets. This one is beautiful without being vulgar: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1309281

CatherineR Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:14am
post #6 of 7

Thank you, Evasmama, for the beautiful photo of your corset cake. This style is exactly what I would be comfortable decorating. icon_biggrin.gif

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:29am
post #7 of 7

Oh, lordy, that's not my cake! I'm nowhere near that talented yet. But you are welcome for the link. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%