Help! Asap!

Decorating By Lisa93063 Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 5:22pm by Lisa93063

Lisa93063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa93063 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 5

I'm trying to make a peanut M&M cake. I saw others in the gallery that used two halves of the egg pan. I've just ruined two cakes. Everytime I try to stank it up, the two halves break apart. Any help will be appreciated.

4 replies
KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 5

Are you cutting the bottom (round side) off of one of the halves so that it sits flat?

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry, I can't help you, but maybe some of the experts can. Good luck!

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 12:00am
post #4 of 5

ok so the bigggiv you is to 'glue (BC or ganache etc) the two sides together laying down trim what will be the base so it will lay flat then angle skewers in so that they join the two side together (so when standing the skewers will run from the top of one side to the bottom of the other side) do this on a few differnt angles and that will hold ot all together, if you are still worried bend a piece of florists wire (covered wire) in a U shape an insert at op to hold two pieces together. once this is all done then stand it up and it should not tip or colapse at all. cover as normal, if giving to someone ensure they know how many skewers and wires you inserted and tell tem to rmove before serving (pretty obviouse i know but some people are well, less intelligent lol!!)

Lisa93063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa93063 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 5

Adatay
Thank you so much for your reply. It did the trick. Luckily I had skewers on hand. Peanut M&M stood up and the birthday girl loved the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%