Making A Wine Bottle

Decorating By erikamj Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 5:59am by erikamj

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:01am
post #1 of 6

I want to make a wine bottle out of Gum Paste. I am planning on greasing a wine bottle with shortening and then just molding the gum paste over the bottle in two sperate pieces. Do you guys think this will work or is there a better suggestion.

5 replies
bonnebouche Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnebouche Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:18am
post #2 of 6

Go to Sharon Zambito's blog- she sent out an email tonight showing how to do the very thing you want to do. Yes, it is possible. http://www.sugaredblog.blogspot.com/

erikamj Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 4:31am
post #3 of 6

thanks for the info

jwm296 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwm296 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 6

I made a whiskey bottle to put on top of 1 of my cakes (pic in my photo album) I shaped the bottle out of rice krispee treets then covered it with fondant, air brushed it and did some detail work by hand. Came out ok for a first try i guess

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 6

I did a teacup shape once (so - more simple than the bottle) and the one I greased and the one I saran wrapped did not work. The one I coated in powdered sugar did. That will be difficult for that shape tho.... can you do top and bottom instead of 2 sides? That would be easier to mold separately and then fit and trim pieces together later.

erikamj Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:59am
post #6 of 6

Well I have done the two sides. They are still doing the drying thing but they haven't stucked to the bottle so I will be putting them together tomorrow night.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%