Pump For Making Sugar Bubbles?

Sugar Work By KrazyK8 Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 12:47am by kincaellan

KrazyK8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyK8 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone tell me where to buy a blood pressure pump to make sugar bubbles? I've looked at a ton of websites, but they all just sell the whole blood pressure kits. Can I just buy a pump somewhere?


3 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:28am
post #2 of 4

Rubber bulb pump $12 at chefrubber.com


Wood blowing tube $8 at chefrubber.com


Copper blowing tube at chefrubber.com


Good company, too.


KrazyK8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyK8 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much!!!

kincaellan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kincaellan Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:47am
post #4 of 4

Try any local home care or surgical supply store. They will have replacement pumps for $4.00. You can get the stainless steel tubing at any car repair store. Just ask for brake line tubing that matches the silicone surgical tubing you buy. Give the brake line a good clean but it hasn't been used for anything yet, as it's new, and you have food safe equipment ready to go for under $10.00 in material.

There is a how to video on the website. www.jeff-the-chef.com


Quote by @%username% on %date%