I Knew This Would Happen Some Day

Decorating By michellesArt Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 3:01am by ShabbyChic_Confections

bankingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bankingatthebeach Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:26pm
post #31 of 41

I pulled out a tray of cookies and set the whole pan on my uncovered hand to close the over door. Yes, it left a mark!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:51pm
post #32 of 41

I was pulling the potatoes out of the oven on Easter the year BEFORE last when I burned my arm. I STILL have a perfect line scar on arm. I bumped my arm on the oven rack above the potatoes. Its the second time I've done this!!

I KNOW it hurts and I really hope no one else burns themselves the stinging is the WORST!!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 4:21am
post #33 of 41

LOL! Your DH has a great sense of humor.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:54am
post #34 of 41

i have to say thankyou for all the thoughts from fellow burned bakers-and that is one amazing retro oven!! i bet we don't have to wait long for that to come back (imagine not having to bend over to get something out!!) feeling much better (though still silly at the thought) i couldn't stop myself from decorating atleast a few of those cookies before my thumb said stop (dh too lol)

BethHansen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethHansen Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:12am
post #35 of 41

I keep leftover ketchup packets (like you get at McDonalds) in my freezer. They stay flexible when frozen and make great little ice packs for burns!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:14am
post #36 of 41

As crazy as it sounds, if you apply some Preparation H to a burn, it'll take the sting out. Of course, you'd want to keep a special "kitchen only" tube! My husband used to be a chef and he said they used it all the time in the kitchens where he worked. It really does work.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:22am
post #37 of 41

When I worked as a cook making 400 meals per day, I burned myself a lot!! Still have a couple scars. I keep a product by Melalueca in my kitchen. It is called Melalueca oil T36-C5. I put it on immediatly-stops the sting/burn and minimizes blisters. Is stinky, but great!! I'm sure it has a zillion other uses, but this is all I use it for.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:33am
post #38 of 41

Aloe Vera is the best for burns. You can buy a cream or gel at the store, or start to grow your own plant. It works wonders. It soothes the pain and promotes faster healing.

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:37am
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

I don't think I can bake at all without burning myself!

This is my oven and the stove burners pull out like a drawer so I am Always burning myself...

I had a pretty bad burn a couple years ago and my Dr. gave me a prescription for Silvadene cream... that is the best stuff and it lasts forever.
If you can get some it is a great thing to have in you first aid kit..

[/img]

OMG, I used to have to same stove, I had no idea how old it was, the burners started giving up one at the time, when I finally found somebody that could fix it I realized the it was really expensive and decided to buy a new one and besides, the burners didn't allow me to use big pots on it.

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:46am
post #40 of 41

I thought I was the only that suffer frequent burns. I thought by now I would know how to avoid them

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #41 of 41

I'll never forget the time I pulled a hot plate out of my microwave/convection oven and I almost dropped the plate, mu first instinct was to grab it and OMG!! I hadd the temperature set at 400 degrees and I burned the palm of my hand and all of my fingers, the pain was so bad that DH had to bring me a towels with ice all night!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%