???? About Putting Chocolate On Cookies

Baking By nickshalfpint Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 6:58pm by GeminiRJ

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 12

I want to flood the cookie with chocolate the same way you would flood it with RI. Has anyone done this? Is there a trick to it? Do I use regular melted chocolate? I just thought about it today and it sounds sooooo good icon_biggrin.gif . I was just wondering if anyone has done this and if they had any tips. T.I.A. thumbs_up.gif Kristen

11 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 12

I use to do it all the time. I dip the cookie into the choclate by holding the sides of the cookie then outline where you want. check this site www.veronicastreats.com I started her decorated cookie business however I left about a year later. The women that does it now is great.

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #3 of 12

I just tried it for the first time yesterday and it worked great. I didn't dip them because they were on a stick and then I used a chocolate transfer.

nickshalfpint Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 12

Thank you! I thought about dipping them, but wasn't sure if it would work. I think I will try that. Thanks again!!!!! Hopefully I won't eat them all (=

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 12

I used to play around with it quite a bit. I used chocolate ganache and flooded my cookies while it was still liquid enough to spread smoothly. It wasn't easy! Mostly because I already didn't know exactly about tempering chocolate - it was pure luck if it firmed up on the cookie. I haven't tried again in awhile.... but yes, they are so yummy - chocolate, mmmmmm icon_biggrin.gif
Craftyone65 - what kind of chocolate did you use? Did you just melt and dip? Was it smooth? Was it firm to the touch when it cooled on the cookie?

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 12

Sweetdreams I just used chocolate bark since I wasn't sure how it would work. It did firm up just fine and stack well. I need to try and get it alittle thinner and smoother the next time though for the transfer.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 12

You can also use the chocolate to make a candy clay, then roll it and cut it with the same cutters you used for the cookies. You can add simple details with some melted chocolate.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 12

Did any of you have problems with the chocolate popping off? That's what I'm worried about.

nickshalfpint Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 9:21pm
post #9 of 12

How do you make candy clay?

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:35pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

How do you make candy clay?

It's a 14 oz. package of CandyMelts (though I'm sure you could use other types of contectionery coating) melted and mixed with 1/3 cup of light corn syrup. Wrap well and leave on the counter overnight. To roll, you will probably have to knead it first, as it will be stiff at first. Sprinkle your work surface with either cornstarch or cocoa and roll out the clay.

ChrisPA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisPA Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:46pm
post #11 of 12

Gemini-

Can you use flavored candy melts (peanut butter) and make the candy clay the same way?

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:58pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPA

Gemini-

Can you use flavored candy melts (peanut butter) and make the candy clay the same way?

I would think you could...it's just flavoring, right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%