Single Basin Sink Insert?

Business By pinkpiggie78 Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 3:52pm by -Tubbs

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 2

I am in the process of getting my home kitchen inspected for my home bakery. The state of VA requires at least a double-basin sink to sanitize your equipment, but I have a large single basin sink. It is an undermount and we remodeled out kitchen in 2007. Long story short, does anyone have ideas on how to accomodate this? Does anyone know of some sort of kitchen "insert" that can be put into our existing sink? Please help! The gentleman in charge said we could get a sanitizing dishwasher, but wanted to discuss other options first.

1 reply
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 2

Sanitizing dishwashers are commercial quality and will be expensive. It would be cheaper to accommodate a double sink, even if it means replacing your counter top to do it. I think you'll have to remove your existing sink and put a new double sink in its place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%