Chocolate Transfers Vs. Fbct - Pros And Cons For Each?

Decorating By rocketgirl96 Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 7:10pm by forthwife

rocketgirl96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketgirl96 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I'm just learning about these transfer techniques and it got me wondering - when would you choose one over the other? Is it just personal preference? Or are there reasons you would do one over the other? So, please tell me when you would use one instead of the other and what are the pros and cons of each.

Thanks,
Christine

3 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 4

I've only used fbct once and it didn't turn out very well. I like the chocolate transfer better. I just thought that it was easier to work with. if you look in my pics, the superman cake and the hello kitty cake are done with chocolate. hth icon_smile.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 4

well, both are great techniques!
I like fbct for flat tops on cakes it just blends right in with the icing, ct's are hard and break or need to be removed off the cake when it is cut.
CT's are great for the sides of cakes or as a standing topper as they are hard and stand nicely they also are done faster because the chocolate sets up faster than the buttercream.

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 4

I've been having a great time with CT's lately, however I still struggle with bubbles on the front. Any suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%