Help! Fondant Tierra

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 17 Aug 2005 , 7:36pm by meme

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 4:38am
post #1 of 7

help! i want to make a tierra out out of fondant to put on top of a cake. my friends birthday is sat. and she always wears a tee shirt that says "scrapbook queen" so i want to make a tierra as a joke. anyway, i need to know how thick to make it. how thick to make fondant, ect..... thanks so much. i've just tried making one and it didnt work out. so asking for your expert advice.
thanks
melody

6 replies
tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 4:48am
post #2 of 7

Thinking out loud here........WHat if you were to mold it all on a flat surface (dusted well with corn starch) and then let it dry on a dusted peanut butter jar that is laying on it's side? Actually, you could probably just mold it onto the jar, come to think of it. Make it about 1/4" thick, even the cheap plastic ones aren't very thin. Depend in your time fram Gum -Tex would help to make it harden faster....you could have a lot of fun with this one! You have to post the pictures when you are done!

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 5:22am
post #3 of 7

I followed these instructions (using a different pattern) when I made a crown with gum paste and it worked perfectly. Fondant probably would work if it has enough time to dry.

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/message/saved/crown/crown.htm

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 7

wow! thanks so much! the info was very helpful! now i will go try it.
thanks
melody

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 7

Wow - that link was awesome! Instructions AND pictures! icon_lol.gif The pictures make it so easy to follow! Good luck with the tiara - can't wait to see the finished product! thumbs_up.gif

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 7

that is really awesome!!! I want to try it too! that would be cute with the barbie cake I want to make for my daughter's birthday!

thanks for sharing!!!

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 7

Hey thanks for the link I might have to try that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%