Strawberry Cake

Decorating By KissMeCakes911 Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 4:04am by Wildrose6633

KissMeCakes911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KissMeCakes911 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 7

I'm looking for a good Strawberry Cake recipe NOT made with a box, but from scratch. Anyone have any good suggestions?

6 replies
wasabi106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wasabi106 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 7

There are many cakes here if you search the recipes,there is even a Strawberry Cake catagory. I haven't tried any here is on that was from scratch..

Strawberry Cake from Scratch

Serves/Yields: 2 - 9 inch cake layers. (14 servings)
Prep. Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Category: Strawberry Cakes
Difficulty: easy

It is hard to find scratch strawberry cakes, so this one is worth it weight in gold to me as a caterer. I made this cake for a child's birthday party. It was a major hit! Frost with cream cheese or vanilla frosting - or for a treat, use a chocolate glaze!

2 cups white sugar
1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs (room temperature)
2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup strawberry puree made from frozen sweetened strawberries

1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.

2 In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.

3 Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in their pans over a wire rack for at least 10 minutes, before tapping out to cool completely.

Source: GOTHICGIRL

BethHansen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethHansen Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 7

I just made a strawberry cake for my son's birthday last week. I took my favorite vanilla cake recipe and replaced the vanilla extract with strawberry extract. I also replaced a little bit of the liquid with some pureed strawberries. I filled it with the strawberry filling from the Wilton website. I used the marshmallow cream buttercream recipe from this site to ice it, replacing some of the vanilla with strawberry extract and adding about a cup of pureed strawberries to it (I also had to add extra powdered sugar - I think I used almost 4 lbs.). The buttercream ended up tasting like rich melted strawberry ice cream. The cake itself had a very mild strawberry flavor, but when combined with the filling and buttercream it was very strawberry. It was absolutely delicious! I had so many complements on it! Good luck!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 7

YES! Paula Deen's recipe.. let me see if I can find it again. It was fantastic. I actually need to make it this weekend and my computer shut down before i could print it.... I'll post as soon as I find it.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 7

here it is... it's moist and so yummy.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/41354/fresh-strawberry-cake.html

KissMeCakes911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KissMeCakes911 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:47am
post #6 of 7

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND GUIDANCE!!!

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:04am
post #7 of 7

I can't wait to make a strawberry cake the recipes sound delish! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%