Help!!!! Gumpaste Crown....part 2

Decorating By patswifey Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 5:12am by patswifey

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:14am
post #1 of 2

Thank You very much to the ladies who responded to my earlier question!! I went out and bought some vodka.....and now I think I'm going to be drinking it!!!! icon_cry.gif I'm sure I am doing this wrong....I've never made a crown or painted one before, but as I am painting my crown, the wetness is making it break!!!!.....one of my fleur de lis (spelling?) fell off!!! and I'm not really liking the outcome of the pearl dust/vodka mix either...it looks blotchy and awful.....
how do I keep my crown from falling apart and still have it silver like my friend requested?
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....she's picking the cake up at 8a!!!!

thank you icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:12am
post #2 of 2

OKAY....so I made my own 'fix-it", I'm highly doubtful that it will work but here's to hoping!!! I made a new crown, but with a little bit of black gel coloring to get a grey crown....and I'm thinking if I sprinkle it with the silver pearl dust I might, just MIGHT have a cute crown and not a huge disaster!!

I'm also hoping that it will dry enough before the morning to not crumble on the cake :O( please wish me luck and brace yourself for a good laugh when I post my disaster on this website!!! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%