Selling My Bakery....

Business By littlecake Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 3:26am by moydear77

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 14

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

i'm gonna sell and open up a smaller one about 50 miles north, where my kids live.

ya'll agree in prayer with me that the right person gets it....after 7 years i've got a very loyal clientele, and i'm booked up every week, so i think it could be a blessing to whoever gets it....

i'm only asking 60K so i guess it will go pretty fast.

it's scarey, but ya know it is all about family, and i'm missing them, i'll just do the same thing there as i did here....it worked!

13 replies
vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 14

good luck to you!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 14

Did you ever finish painting the interior? I've been wondering how that turned out.

Good luck with the sale, the move and starting up again. icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 14

where are you located?

littlecake Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 14

i'm about 50 miles south of tulsa, in muskogee oklahoma...remember that dreadful song..."okie from muskogee?"

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 14

Praying for you that all goes in Gods time. Keep us posted.

Jibbies

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 14

Holy Mackeral!!! DH, out of the blue last week, asked me, "How do you feel about moving to Muskogee, OK?". I told him, "Well, hell, I don't know. The only time I ever think about that place is when Merle Haggard crosses my mind...what? once every 5-10 years? Let me think about Muskogee for a bit, then I'll let you know how I feel about moving there." He pulled out a trick card then with..."We'd be that much closer to Tulsa...." . Is it as barren as it appears in the photos online?

littlecake Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 14

it doesn't seem that different than any other place i've lived....there are lakes and stuff here.

there is no one but me who makes cakes....they don't know i'm leaving yet, i dread telling them....i hope i can find a good replacement for them....i get muskgee biz, and the outlying area too.

do you guys have family in tulsa?

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #9 of 14

no, no family in Tulsa...he was referring to the OSSAS ....he's considering a position there. it really doesn't matter to me where we live as long as he's there with me.

our kids are all here in nc

his family are all in tx., mine are all in ga...siblings/parent, and others

I didn't mean barren as in the land...to me, the area is beautiful. I meant, looking through various photos of the area, it reminds me of a ghost town.

homes are selling EXTREMELY CHEAP! but that might just be normal for the area...a lot of 'fixer uppers' one of which I would love to own!

littlecake Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm
post #10 of 14

it's really cheap to live here..."skogee" has about 35 thousand peeps..it's not barren at all....and tulsa has everything any other big city has.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:47pm
post #11 of 14

Good luck and you are in my prayers!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:08am
post #12 of 14

I like Muskogee. I have friends there. I stayed in Muskogee last month! I am moving in a few weeks to teach at OSU Okmulgee. It is a short drive to the city. I discovered that you have to drive almost anywhere to get anywhere! Maybe I will stop by and take a peek! I am coming that way this week!

littlecake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:22am
post #13 of 14

i'm open half a day wednesday, all day thursday friday and saturday...

i'm not from here, but the people have really welcomed me....let me know if you're coming ...it'll be cool to meet you!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:26am
post #14 of 14

I am traveling on Wednesday and working athe school Thursday! Friday might work before I head to Houston for the weekend! I will certainly try to stop by for a visit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%