My Ugly Cake..

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 18 Jan 2009 , 7:26pm by Twopeasinapod

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:54pm
post #31 of 38

My hubby will occasionally drive while I am holding a 2 or 3 tiered cake. Poor guy can be driving 35 per hour with the flashers on and I still yell at him! I sometimes think we are on the verge of divorce!! LOL icon_redface.gif But once its delivered.. we are back to our loving selves! thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:09pm
post #32 of 38

This is a perfect example of how WE are our own worst critics!!! There is nothing wrong with that cake, they will LOEV it!!! Don't be so hard on yourself, you gave them what they wanted....

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:22pm
post #33 of 38

Tar Heel you need glasses! That's a lovely cake. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Just because what the customer wants may not be what we would choose doesn't mean it's a bad choice, it's just not our particular taste. You did a fine job!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:09pm
post #34 of 38

Thanks guys!! icon_biggrin.gif I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is a perfect example! LOL The customers thought it was great.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:23pm
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelgirl

Thanks guys!! icon_biggrin.gif I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is a perfect example! LOL The customers thought it was great.

See, told ya! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:24pm
post #36 of 38

I do cookies only and I would be proud to do that cake! I made a cake 10 years ago for my son's b-day. It was a pirate chest. My DH took a look at it 15 min. before the pack of 2 year olds descended on the house and decided to 'rearrange" it - substantially. Major reconstruction. He did a great job and now does the cakes for our birthdays. So, as you can see, I would be proud to have done your cake! Very cute indeed! thumbs_up.gif

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:16pm
post #37 of 38

I think the cake looks good; it's not ugly, but I totatlly understand where you are coming from if they have let you do what you envision. Sometimes we just have to give in and do what others envision. I think it was a COOL looking cake for a kid; I'm happy that they thought it was a great cake! It's a work of art even if it's not to your liking. WELL DONE!

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 7:26pm
post #38 of 38

My 10 year old was coming through here when I was looking at your cake and he said, "Wow! Someone did a good job on that cake!" That is pretty good because he was on his way outside to jump on the trampoline but he took time to stop, look and say something good about it. I totally understand though about you worrying about it. I worry about EVERYTHING I make!! I looks great, be proud of it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%