Marshmallow Fondant

Decorating By minerva16 Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 1:41am by learnincakes

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 9

I am wanting to make Marshmallow Fondant and it suggests using the KitchenAid paddle to mix. I have a sunbeam mixer with the regular mixers and bread dough hooks. Which do I use or will be able to make it?

Thanks for your help, I'll need it!
Jeannette

8 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 9

We don't use either. Melt the MM in the microwave and dump on the counter.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 9

I agree with ddaigle...saves having to wash a (very sticky) mixer bowl and a paddle/blade etc! I find I waste too much PS when I mix it with my KA.

katgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katgal Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 9

I don't use a mixer either. Too afraid I'll ruin my KA. I Tried once, but pulled out the fondant quickly.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with ddaigle melt the MM in the microwave and dump on the counter, just be careful it will be soooo hot thumbs_up.gif

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:07pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks a bunch! icon_biggrin.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:21am
post #7 of 9

Again, I agree. I recently got a KA 600 Pro and thought I would be able to make MMF in it. Didn't go well. I differ from the others though. I Crisco a big pyrex bowl and melt the marshmallows in that, then start to mix in the bowl, with a big spoon (also Crisco'd). I don't dump it onto the counter until it's a sticky dough.

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:31am
post #8 of 9

I just posted how much I hate MMF. It's not pliable harder to color than store bought fondant and almost always comes out too dry. My kitchenaid will love me for buying it from now on. It's too hard on the poor thing. I can see where mixing it on the counter is better but still just buy it. This way you have less mess and you always know you are working with perfect fondant.

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:41am
post #9 of 9

I used my Sunbeam once, what a mess!! I mix in a large bowl until the sugar is combined then knead on the counter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%