Bakery Crafts Customer Service And Ordering Gone Way Downhil

Business By loriemoms Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 12:51pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 9

I have been a long time customer of bakery craft, and I think the economy is showing in thier hiring of labor...(perhaps they are short handed?) I thought I would post to warn you NOT to use their online ordering system. I have had three orders now where they no longer carried an item and sent a "substitution" instead. (Sometimes a square IVORY colored plate just isn't going to work!) The most recent was I ordered bakels fondant (Pettinice) and I received Thier brand of Ice and Easy which I HATE. (and is 10 dollars cheaper, but was charged for the more expensive item) I called to have it replaced and they told me they would send out the proper fondant and that the UPS guy would have a sticker for the other box. Well, today I received two more pals of this Ice and Easy and the ups guy (who I know very well and THEY do have a system where they bring a sticker) has no idea of what to do wit hthe other two pails, he has no sticker. I call Bakery Crafts and they tell me they stopped selling Pettinice, and tell me the same story where the UPS guy will have a sticker. So Now I am stuck with FOUR pails of fondant I dont want with the charge for FOUR pails! So I call AGAIN (have you ever noticed the supervisors are always out to lunch?) and this time the girl tells me they will SEND me a return sticker to put on the boxes, and then refund me the money. (I have a 30 day net, so I am just not going to pay it...) This girl tells me it is common practice for them to substitute. I am sorry, but whenever I order from CK or P&H and they always call and let me know something is out of stock, they never ASSUME I want another product! I think its horrible! Also, if you do call in, be very careful and have them read it back to you. the actual ITEM not just the number .they have other items with simliar numbers and I have received those by mistake...and it takes a good two weeks to get everything exchanged
What really got me is they didnt even seem to care...especailly now I have to find fondant somewhere else and possibly pay higher shipping.
Anyway, I thought I would warn you if you are happily jumping on their web site to order items. DONT.

8 replies
snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 9

I can get you some massa ticino or some pastry one ( closest to fondex, made by a swiss company ) by tomorrow with no shipping if you like I have a truck coming down from Albert Ulster. PM or call me by 8 PM tongiht and I'll add it to my order.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 9

If the supervisor is out to lunch, ask for their name and what would be the best time to reach them or when they are expected back. I don't believe that crap and I always ask them if they enjoyed their lunch. Just to let them know that was what I was told and I was not happy.

You can't let these "customer service" people walk all over you. I am totally disgusted with "customer service" and believe it's non-existent. Without the customer, none of them would have a job, just like us. It's time they figured that out.

Enjoy your day or evening whatever the case may be. And good luck with that stuff. I make my own unless it's a specialty color like red or black, then I use Satin Ice.

Best!

loriemoms Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

I can get you some massa ticino or some pastry one ( closest to fondex, made by a swiss company ) by tomorrow with no shipping if you like I have a truck coming down from Albert Ulster. PM or call me by 8 PM tongiht and I'll add it to my order.

Thanks Kat! I was able to get some Fondx for now and placed my order for penttnice with CK. BUT I would love to talk to about your Masse order..I LOVE that stuff, but its way out of my price range. Do you get a good price with the mass order? Can my DH call you?

loriemoms Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:03am
post #5 of 9

I finally did talk the supervisor and she never apologized or anything..she said they just decided to stop carrying it. I told her "You know, if I told a bride Sorry your cake was chocolate, I decided to stop carrying vanilla" I dont think she would be very happy. She just had nothing much to say, and told me they would send me a slip to stick on the box (takes 2-3 weeks) and to just ignore the bills. I would have been happy with at least an apology or something, but nothing.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:10am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

Thanks Kat! I was able to get some Fondx for now and placed my order for penttnice with CK. BUT I would love to talk to about your Masse order..I LOVE that stuff, but its way out of my price range. Do you get a good price with the mass order? Can my DH call you?

The Massa Ticino runs me about $4.00 a pound. That should go down shortly as the $ has gotten a lot stronger against the Euro in the past two months.

loriemoms Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #7 of 9

Do you have to add any color? I know the americana is more of a white color that covers chocoalte cakes and such, but i heard the others is more translucant...I wasnt sure if that was true or not!

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 4:16am
post #8 of 9

Wow, sorry that happened to you. I just started ordering from Bakery Craft at Thanksgiving time and have gotten two orders. I didn't have any problems and was happy to see that their prices were so much better than the place I was getting stuff from. I did get one carton of Christmas tree sprinkles that was opened and called them to let them know. It didn't look tampered with--probably just not sealed correctly to begin with. They told me to keep the sprinkles and they'd send a new on right away. They did. I hope that their service will straighten up. I was really happy to find them and hope that I won't run into the same problems you did.

loriemoms Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:51pm
post #9 of 9

Robinscakes:

I have been ordering from them for YEARS and never had any problems at all. (I agree, they have the best prices around and free shipping) I think the economy is starting to affect them, and it is starting to show. I would continue to order from them, but like I said, don't do it from their web site, and make sure you double check your order before you hang up the phone, especially if you need something right away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%