Malt Extract

Decorating By Auryn

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 1

I hope you guys can help me with this
I am working on a couple of italian recipes.
They ask for malt extract.
From the instructions I assume its some sort of powder or dry paste because the instructions tell you to turn it into a smooth paste.

I know they use malt extract in pretzels, is it available to buy to the public??
is it called something different??

any help or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

*edit- ive been reading online and it seems that what I need is barley malt powder or diastatic malt powder- is that correct??**

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%