Red Velvet Cake With Raspberry Filling????

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 6:25pm by mbt4955

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 3

Well, my bride went from "I like chocolate, so the wedding cake can be any flavor" to "Red Velvet cake with Raspberry Filling." I must admit, I have never tried this and it may be wonderful, but it just doesn't sound very good to me. Before I respond to her, are there any thoughts out there? This is family and I'm fine with recommending something else if my first impression feeling is correct.

Not that it matters, but the groom's cake will be dark chocolate with chocolate and more chocolate. icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Martha

2 replies
beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 3

Well, technically, the Red Velvet cake is just a german chocolate cake colored red. So I guess that's just a chocolate cake w/ raspberry filling. I guess it couldn't be too bad.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 3

Duh ... thanks for the reality check, Beth2027! With no more cocoa than is in there, it isn't really even a chocolate cake with raspberry filling. I'm probably thinking color more than anything ... red and brown cakes.

Straying just a little bit ... does anyone have a really good RV cake recipe? My favorite actually has 1/2 c cocoa, but I don't want to go more chocolate for this one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%