Candy Melts

Decorating By marygonz Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 7:46pm by AlanT

marygonz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marygonz Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I want to know if someone knows where can I buy bulk candy melts on line so my cost will decrease. Because on Michaels and Hobby Lobby they're kind of expensive aren't they?
Thank you

7 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 8

I did a search online and found this.... They offer a 30 pound bag!

http://www.chocolatecandytools.com/badabingbadaboomcandymelts.htm

Hope it helps!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 8

Do you have a Pat Catan's near you ? I get mine for $1.99 for a 1 # bag...

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 8

that 30 pound bag is really expensive!!!! it works out to be over $4 a pound!!! i buy just the wilton ones when they're on sale, right now they're on sale for $1.60 a bag, so i usually go and buy as many as i can. i have heard others say they buy bulk packages at sam's club or b.j.'s.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #5 of 8

I am looking for kosher certified non-dairy candy wafers. Wiltons is dairy. Can anyone direct me to a good source? It's fine even if you know of a wholesale place as i'd order in bulk anyway and have a tax id #.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 8

Some of the more expensive melts taste better than Wilton. They still aren't real chocolate but they are pretty good just so you know.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:06pm
post #7 of 8

I am curious too... maybe not excellent "candy making" chocolate, but "better than Wilton" for cake use chocolate. If you know what I mean.... detective.gif

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 8

If you can find Mercken's Chocolate Candy wafers, I think they are the best around. The flavor and workability is far superior to Wilton. We will be offering it later this fall but for now you could Google it and find a vendor. It usually sells for about $4.00 a pound but it REAL good!!!

Alan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%