Here Is A Diy Photo Box Tutorial

Decorating By jammjenks Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 1:43am by weirkd

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 12:56am
post #1 of 9

I have seen several threads in the past about taking decent pictures. I am not a photographer in any stretch of the imagination, but I have found a better way in recent months to take pictures of my cakes. Tonight while photographing one, I decided to take pictures of my process and put together a little mini tutorial for anyone who may be interested. Since we have so many new members daily, maybe it will help someone.

It isn't professional, but makes them look a little nicer nonetheless. Of course it also disguises any clutter left from the decorating mayhem!

The pictures are explained in their captions.
LL
LL
LL

8 replies
ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:09am
post #2 of 9

Great Idea. I love it.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:13am
post #3 of 9

thats a great idea thanks....... thumbs_up.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 9

Thank you

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:23am
post #5 of 9

Great idea, thanks for sharing, I will be using this! I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one with post decorating mayhem I'm trying to keep out of the photos icon_redface.gif Andrea

applemint_jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
applemint_jackie Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:36am
post #6 of 9

Thank you.. also that's a beautiful cake.

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:37am
post #7 of 9

Thank you! So simple and much easier than editing out the background later!

BTW - is that cradle edible? If so - awesome!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:37am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by andpotts

Great idea, thanks for sharing, I will be using this! I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one with post decorating mayhem I'm trying to keep out of the photos icon_redface.gif Andrea

Oh no...you are not the only one. You and I are in the majority on that one. From where I stood to take the picture, my back is to the kitchen and it is a disaster. I'm trying to juggle my laptop and dishes during commercial breaks. thumbs_up.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:43am
post #9 of 9

I do the same thing but I use a white satin piece of bridal material I bought. But they have a new item in Brookstone that you can buy. Its a mini studio with a collapsable backdrop and mini lights and a tripod for your digital camera. It retails for $60 I think. I was hoping I would get it from Santa but apparently I was a bad girl this year! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%