American Idol '09 Thread

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm by cakemomof3

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 5 May 2009 , 10:39pm
post #361 of 449

I heard on the radio today that Paula Abdul will be performing a song tomorrow night. Should be interesting!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:58pm
post #362 of 449

So what do you all think of last night's performances? Who will be the one to go?

I am afraid it will be Kris. I wish it wasn't, I really like him and I think he would do well in the real world, but the genre was not really right for him last night. I did not like Danny's performance at all, but he is so loved by the judges I find it hard to believe he will be the one to go.I thought the duet between Alison and Danny was tremendous, they did really well together.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:16pm
post #363 of 449

I agree...I think Kris might be in trouble.

My favorite performance was Allison's, I thought she looked great too. I hated Adam's...I always seem to love it or hate it when it comes to him, there's no in between. I wish he would lose the eyeliner...I know he's a rock n' roll dude, but I don't think he needs it. The first part of Danny's song was good, but the last half (including that last note) was scary...man he sounded bad!

I liked the duets, thought it was an awesome idea, although I did prefer Kris & Danny's over Adam & Allison's.

I can't believe no one did a Guns song??

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:08pm
post #364 of 449

I hated last nights show. I just don't think it was a great idea to do rock. You either do rock well or you mess it up really bad. I do love adam but last night he was a little too much for me. I prefer him singing the more classic stuff that he changes around to suit him then straight rock. I liked allison but did not care for kris or danny. It will be interesting who goes home tonight.

michellenj Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #365 of 449

I didn't love any of the individual performances last night. The duets were a good idea, I also preferred Danny/Kris' duet.

I can't wait to see who goes!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 6 May 2009 , 5:04pm
post #366 of 449

I loved, loved, LOVED Adam and Allison's duet! I think Kris is done, but you never know.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:51am
post #367 of 449

OMG, that No Doubt performance was hideous. That was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen or heard. Notice the judges weren't even there watching it!!??

FlourPots Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:02am
post #368 of 449

I haven't watched the show yet, I'll probably do it late tonight, but I read that No Doubt's performance was taped yesterday...so if it was after the regular show wrapped that could explain the judge's absence, they had left already.

Or they were backstage...since it wasn't airing till today they couldn't be in any of the shots wearing yesterday's clothes and hair (the ladies I mean...it would have been more noticeable on them).

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:06am
post #369 of 449

I loved Rock night. I'm a big Led Zeppelin fan, and an even bigger Adam Lambert fan, so it was a great night. I still have two hours until tonights results and am on pins and needles.

pipe-dreams Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #370 of 449

Flourpots...that makes sense. The whole performance was just awful..from the singing to the "dancing". I really didn't like Daughtry's performance either. I mean, I love him when he was on the show. But since he came out with his own stuff, it's just SO different than what he portrayed himself as. It's been a huge disappointment for me.
Paula's song was good, even thought I think she was lip singing. But, I think a lot of singers do b/c of all the jumping/moving around.

I didn't want to divulge anything juicy about the results...but maybe warn you to get your finger ready to press mute!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:28am
post #371 of 449

I don't think I can wait. Anyone want to PM me with the results?

FlourPots Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:02pm
post #372 of 449

I watched it...can't believe Allison left before Kris...she deserved at least another week.

Yeah, I wasn't into No Doubt's performance either...that was one of their songs that I like the least.
Paula was totally lip-synching and I didn't really dig the song...I think she's past her prime.
(Chris) Daughtry was awesome, I wished he would've sung one of his monster hits, but I still enjoyed it.
It's funny, in my opinion he has stayed true to himself since being on the show...he hasn't disappointed...quite the opposite, for me.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:25pm
post #373 of 449

I was surprised that Allison was voted off.I thought Kris's performance was lousy and that he should have been voted off.Oh well..What can you do.It will be between Danny and Adam at the end! Love Adam but agree...lose the eyeliner! Danny reminds me of Michael Mcdonald very nice voice.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:44pm
post #374 of 449

I wasn't happy with the result!!!! I think Kris should have gone icon_cry.gif

Edited for spelling

BakingGirl Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:46pm
post #375 of 449

I actually liked No Doubt's performance, despite not really being a big No Doubt fan. What I like about them, or Gwen, is the fact that they really put on a show. It not just about the singing it is the whole package.

I thought Allison sang so well when she sang her final song. I am sure we have not heard the last of her. But as someone else commented, once these artist go off and do their own thing the music is often bland and not very interesting.

So, who is in the finale? I am guessing Adam and Danny - the judges favourites from the start.

michellenj Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:32pm
post #376 of 449

It has to be Danny and Adam in the finale. Kris woudn't stand a chance against either of them.

I think that Allison did better last night than she did when she was being judged. I think she should have stayed and Kris should have gone, but it doesn't really matter which stayed b/c it will be Danny and Adam in the end. Allison just seems like such a sweet girl, I wanted her to stay.

Paula was definitely lip-syncing. God help us all if she had sung it live, it didn't even sound good being produced.

pipe-dreams Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:36pm
post #377 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Paula was definitely lip-syncing. God help us all if she had sung it live, it didn't even sound good being produced.

LMAO icon_lol.gif

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 9 May 2009 , 8:40pm
post #378 of 449

My bet is that Danny and Adam will be in final, but of course ADAM is going to win. I am in love with everything adam is. Everytime I hear him sing I get goosebumps and this rush feeling inside. He has extreme talent unlike any other I've ever seen on the show. I am an Adam addict and loving it! icon_lol.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 9 May 2009 , 8:57pm
post #379 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyGonzalez

My bet is that Danny and Adam will be in final, but of course ADAM is going to win. I am in love with everything adam is. Everytime I hear him sing I get goosebumps and this rush feeling inside. He has extreme talent unlike any other I've ever seen on the show. I am an Adam addict and loving it! icon_lol.gif

You need to grab the May 15 issue (#1047) of Entertainment Weekly. The cover story is all about Adam. You'll be in heaven icon_lol.gif

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #380 of 449

OMG! I didn't know that icon_eek.gif Thanks SugarFrosted! I will defenitly grab that issue! I feel like a teenage girl in love wanting to put posters of Adam Lambert all over my room. icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 10 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #381 of 449

Speaking of Adam, does anyone else think that he resembles Simon LeBon (Duran Duran) if you look closely at his face? He's got that same kind of baby face. (and mad talent, of course!)

michellenj Posted 11 May 2009 , 11:38pm
post #382 of 449

Want to feel old, Shelbur? I saw a picture of Simon's 19 yr old daughter modeling last week.

*****This week is the week they do 2 songs: 1 judges pick, one that they pick.*****

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:00am
post #383 of 449

Oh man, and I was already feeling old just knowing who Simon LeBon is!!

Can't wait to see this week. I'm very curious to see what the judges pick for Danny. I love him, but I don't like a lot of the songs he's chosen.

michellenj Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #384 of 449

You know what's funny? Today I read that another country's version of "Idol" crowned 2 winners this year. (I think it was S. Africa.) Wouldn't that be a hoot if it happened here?

FlourPots Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:28am
post #385 of 449

That would be cool...

With all the new changes...a 4th judge, the top 36 (instead of 24), the top 13 (instead of 12), the save rule, the duets...what else? I can't think...

Anyway, 2 winners would be the perfect end to this unconventional season.

BakingGirl Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:30pm
post #386 of 449

I am so old that I was one of the old people in the audience at a Duran Duran concert in Florida last year. It was the weirdest thing being in an audience filled with kids too young to have known them the first time around, and people like me who loved the concert but had to run home to the babysitter afterwards. I am not sure how I got to this age, honestly!

Adam does look like Simon LeBon, that is so weird.

michellenj Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #387 of 449

I had to find a picture of Simon LeBon, and I agree-Adam does look like him.

BakingGirl Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:54am
post #388 of 449

What do you think folks? It was a strange show for me. I hated Danny and Kris' first performances, really boring. I thought Danny's U2 song was a good choice for him but I thought he yelled most of it. For their own choice I thought Danny sang beautifully, I LOVED Kris' performance and thought Danny was OK. Normally I love Danny's performances so I was a bit disappointed, I had hoped he would be a bit more understated perhaps. Thought Simon made a good point to tell people not to assume Danny would be in the final unless you vote for him. He will win, I don't think there is much doubt about that though.

michellenj Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:19am
post #389 of 449

I liked "one" by Adam, but he was kind of yelling at the end. Danny was okay for both of his songs, and Kris kicked butt on "Heartless".

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:52am
post #390 of 449

I found Danny's songs kinda boring, I really enjoyed Kris' version of Heartless alot though. I have to admit when he said what his choice was I didn't think it would be as good as it turned out. I really like Adam, and I thought One was good...but I wasn't overly crazy about Cryin. Hard to call who's going to go home after tonight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%