Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 11:42pm
post #4291 of 6536

HELP!!

Anyone tried the Kahlua Key Lime? I'm thinking of taking it to a party on Friday, but don't have time to make a practice piece.

TIA

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:57am
post #4292 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeatheart

HELP!!

Anyone tried the Kahlua Key Lime? I'm thinking of taking it to a party on Friday, but don't have time to make a practice piece.

TIA

Kahlua Key Lime? icon_razz.gif Sounds odd. Coconut Lime or Kahlua Coconut would be good...

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:04am
post #4293 of 6536

mmmmm coconut lime. BTW I love your coconut cake! Thanks Macsmom

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 12:39am
post #4294 of 6536

Hello everyone.

Macsmom you are truly wonderful.

Is there any website where all these recipes are listed oris thre a list that I can purchase.

I am very interested. I love baking but due to my hubby recovering from leukemia I have not baked in bout 3 years. He is doing so much better now and I want 2 start baking again.

My niece is having a baby and I am doing the cake. It will be a combination cake and cupcakes for about 100 people sometime in April. I would really love 2 try these recipes. Any ideas, recomendations?

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:22am
post #4295 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanchez

Hello everyone.

Macsmom you are truly wonderful.

Is there any website where all these recipes are listed oris thre a list that I can purchase.

I am very interested. I love baking but due to my hubby recovering from leukemia I have not baked in bout 3 years. He is doing so much better now and I want 2 start baking again.

My niece is having a baby and I am doing the cake. It will be a combination cake and cupcakes for about 100 people sometime in April. I would really love 2 try these recipes. Any ideas, recomendations?

Here ya go! Enjoy!! http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

MacsMom Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:35am
post #4296 of 6536
Quote:

... I would really love 2 try these recipes. Any ideas, recomendations?

The favorite flavors so far that I have heard form tastings and friends are:
Maple
Root Beer
Tiramisu
Valencia
Coconut Lime
Lemon with raspberry fruit filling and white-chocolate truffle
Orange

Flavors I DON'T like thumbsdown.gif : Cappuccino, cherry, apple pie, and dulce de leche.

asanchez Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:36am
post #4297 of 6536

Thank you GranmaG. I truly appreciate it!!

asanchez Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:41am
post #4298 of 6536

Valencia sounds delicious!!!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:08am
post #4299 of 6536

Tiramisu got RAVE reciews!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:45pm
post #4300 of 6536

Ok- call me crazy - but I don't seem to see the Valencia recipe in the doc....am I looking at something wrong?!?!? icon_smile.gif

thanks
B

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:08pm
post #4301 of 6536

Bturpin, did you check the google docs listed in my signature?

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:42pm
post #4302 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bturpin

Ok- call me crazy - but I don't seem to see the Valencia recipe in the doc....am I looking at something wrong?!?!? icon_smile.gif

thanks
B

Here is the description from MACSMOM, not sure if she changed it lately

Valencia (was Orange Valencia) ~ Orange cake loaded with mini chocolate-chips and layered with rich chocolate truffle filling

I will see if I can find the recipe

dandelion56602 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4303 of 6536

Macsmom, what do you use for your Pecan Pie Filling for the Pecan Pie Cake?

Cakeariffic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeariffic Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:22pm
post #4304 of 6536

A Mazing post! Thanks for all the tips and ideas.

MacsMom Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:42pm
post #4305 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsweet

Quote:

thanks
B

Valencia (was Orange Valencia) ~ Orange cake loaded with mini chocolate-chips and layered with rich chocolate truffle filling

Sorry! I didn't get a thread notice...

I've changed how I do the Valencia - it's more formal and even better!
"Orange cake & chocolate cake in alternating layers filled with yummy orange truffle filling over a spread of real milk chocolate."

I bake one 2" cake of orange and one 2" cake chocolate. You can either torte each for 3 filling layers which I prefer to do (2 orange truffle fillings and one chocolate truffle filling), or, well, however you want to! One filling don't torte. 2 fillings use one chocolate cake sandwiched between two orange cakes...

After I torte the cake, I melt chocolate chips and spread the melted chocolate over the torte - thinly so it will cut easily when being served! I pop it in the freezer for a minute to harden the chocolate, then smear the truffle filling over the chocolate. Make sense?

I've begun using a melted chocolate layer every chance I get now. I just made Mexican Vanilla Kahlua and spread melted cinnamon chips over the torte before filling with Kahlua white-chocolate truffle.

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:51pm
post #4306 of 6536

Dang! That sounds good!!! Macsmom, you rock!!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:01pm
post #4307 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

Macsmom, what do you use for your Pecan Pie Filling for the Pecan Pie Cake?

This recipe:
http://www.fromkarenskitchen.com/recipes/cake/filling/praline_pecan_filling.php

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:02pm
post #4308 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsweet

Quote:

thanks
B

"Orange cake & chocolate cake in alternating layers filled with yummy orange truffle filling over a spread of real milk chocolate."

I bake one 2" cake of orange and one 2" cake chocolate. You can either torte each for 3 filling layers which I prefer to do (2 orange truffle fillings and one chocolate truffle filling), or, well, however you want to! One filling don't torte. 2 fillings use one chocolate cake sandwiched between two orange cakes...

After I torte the cake, I melt chocolate chips and spread the melted chocolate over the torte - thinly so it will cut easily when being served! I pop it in the freezer for a minute to harden the chocolate, then smear the truffle filling over the chocolate. Make sense?

I've begun using a melted chocolate layer every chance I get now. I just made Mexican Vanilla Kahlua and spread melted cinnamon chips over the torte before filling with Kahlua white-chocolate truffle.

Thanks for sharing.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 10:04pm
post #4309 of 6536

*sigh* i just wish people would pick one of these gourmet flavors instead of the same old white almond, vanilla, chocolate or strawberry!!

asanchez Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:47am
post #4310 of 6536

Macsmom rocks!!! thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:08am
post #4311 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

*sigh* i just wish people would pick one of these gourmet flavors instead of the same old white almond, vanilla, chocolate or strawberry!!

Amen!!! icon_lol.gif

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:32am
post #4312 of 6536

Macsmom,

OMG that Orange and Chocolate Valencia sounds so good.

I didn't see a recipe for orange cake in the google doc, do you use the Orange Dreamsicle recipe?

Thanks,
Tammy

MacsMom Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:55am
post #4313 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendaleAZ

Macsmom,

OMG that Orange and Chocolate Valencia sounds so good.

I didn't see a recipe for orange cake in the google doc, do you use the Orange Dreamsicle recipe?

Thanks,
Tammy

Yes.

dandelion56602 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:10pm
post #4314 of 6536

Macsmom, how far in advance do you think the praline filling can be made? Do you think it would be ok refridgerated? What about frozen? I'm thinking about pecans in it too. Do you think it could be made & then pecans added right before filling the cake or filling the cake & then sprinkling w/ nuts before adding the top layer?

candicemorgannicholson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candicemorgannicholson Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:25am
post #4315 of 6536

Thank you so much for the inspiration.

BannanaBrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BannanaBrie Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:23am
post #4316 of 6536
Quote:

Sounds awesome. Where can I find the recipes for the orange truffle and chocolate truffle fillings?

asanchez Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 1:22pm
post #4317 of 6536

Good morning everyone.

Macsmom where do you get your supplies? For example, cinammon chips, things like that. Do you go online?

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 1:37pm
post #4318 of 6536

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

Here is the recipe file for the Gourmet Flavors. The Truffle Filling is on the bottom under Fillings. Just add your flavorings or melted chocolates for a different flavor. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 2:02pm
post #4319 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by BannanaBrie

Quote:

Sounds awesome. Where can I find the recipes for the orange truffle and chocolate truffle fillings?

Click the links in my signature, which brings you to a thread with ALL the google docs from ALL the threads that have them. Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 3:51pm
post #4320 of 6536
Quote:

Good morning everyone.

Macsmom where do you get your supplies? For example, cinammon chips, things like that. Do you go online?

I buy my gourmet chips from
http://www.preparedpantry.com/chocolate-chips-wafer-baking-cocoa.aspx
(I have begun stocking up on the rainbow mini chips for a new kids flavor)

Most everything else I purchase from Fondant Source.com with "cakecentral" coupon code for another 10% off. But I do get other specialty items from GlobalSugarArt.com (cutters, cupcake wraps, etc.)

They (Brian) have amazing customer service and if they don't know an answer they always refer me here to find the answer, "We are a supply outfit, we don't bake, CakeCentral.com is a great place to ask."). I don't understand why CC continues to block their website... My last question to them was asking about the difference between Sparkle dust, Mystic dust, and Crystal dust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%