Home Based Baking And Selling In Kansas

Business By daninolson Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 2:03am by shanasweets

daninolson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daninolson Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 12:03am
post #1 of 2

I am very new to CC but am already addicted and love this sight so forgive me if my question has already been answered.

Does anyone have a hamoe based bakery in the state of Kansas? I bake as a hobby but have had more and more people wanting to purchase baked goods form me as I take them to different work functions and things of that sort. I would love to start charging as people seem more than willing to pay but I don't want to break any laws or get into any trouble. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help,

1 reply
shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 2:03am
post #2 of 2

In Kansas you can bake non perishable items under cottage food laws. You can contact the dept of ag. he is the one who answered my questions. I did not get a response when I emailed him later about labeling though. Some cottage food laws require it. I emailed him a few months ago. Whenever I sell my house we are moving back to wichita area and I plan to get legal with business licience, liability insurance, accountant. So any additional info you find would be great, haven't found alot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%