Help!!! Newbie To Decorating...need Help Making Cow Spots!

Baking By lizzyliza Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm by banananutmuffin

lizzyliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzyliza Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 7

I am making just round cookies and wanted them white with black
cow spots...what would be easiest and cute? any ideas?

6 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 7

if you want to use fondant the easiest would be to roll out some white. Then take odd sized black pieces and flatten them between your palms. Place them randomly on the white fonndant and give it another roll. You'll squish the black into the white. Use your cutter to cut the same shape as your cookie and place the fondant on the warm cookie. It will melt slightly underneath and stick like glue
HTH

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 7

You could dip the tops of the cookies in white chocolate and melt some black candy melts and put it into a squeeze bottle. Squirt little circles on the white chocolate in different places to create spots. Just the first idea that came to me! Hope this helps!!!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 7

I would think you would do the spots first let them dry a little and then flood the rest of the cookie with the white. But I'm no cookie pro so hopefully someone can help. They sound really cute!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 7

I would flood the entire cookie white-let dry and then add the black cow spots on top.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 7

I would do what Yankeegal says to do. Flood entire cookie first then put spots on top. Easiest way and will look great.

banananutmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banananutmuffin Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 7

I am a newbie, too, but I would probably do a wet on wet technique. I'd flood with white and then, when white icing still wet, would drop black dots on in various sizes to make spots. This would make it look like spots were same dimension as white, if you know what I mean. HOWEVER, I have never tried this with white and black, and you might encounter bleeding issues that I (as a newbie) am not aware of.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%