New Cupcake Pan Gadget?

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 2 Jan 2009 , 1:36am by Melvira

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
46 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 47

Very interesting. I haven't seen this one before. I would like to hear about successes or flops as well.

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 47

Personally, I have never imagined a creature such as this. It has not been a problem to fill a cup cake. I wouldn't want it simply because it would just take up more space I don't have. But others may feel differently about this.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 47

I'm with gritswife. Although it looks interesting, how many times would it actually be put to use? More parts, not enough space in my storage. How many novelty items have you all bought with the "this is totally going to cure ________ problem". got it, and have only used it once because of the PITA factor? I have boxes full of those!

AmandaPanda Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 47

lol thanks .... I doubt I would purchase it, I am cheap like that ... but I work at hsn so I get a discount lol and sometimes these little novelty things are kinda cool, definitely looks like it saves time and mess though when having to hollow cupcakes

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 47

I dont watch those networks at all, but I know that if I worked at one...ugh, I'd have a house full of cr@p and I'd be poor...lol. More power to you!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 47

It takes 2 seconds to plunge a tip into a cuppie and fill it up.. this I would file under 'totally un-necessary tools'. icon_wink.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 47

Wow - that looks to me like it would leave a HUGE hole/indentation in the top of a cupcake, unless I am wrong in how it appears to be used. I would think this would cause a larger problem than it would solve - IMHO.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:00pm
post #9 of 47

hummmm, who would really consider buying this? eh... not me.. thumbsdown.gif total waste of money and space... I seriously doubt it even works well.. jmho, of course icon_smile.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:03pm
post #10 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

I dont watch those networks at all, but I know that if I worked at one...ugh, I'd have a house full of cr@p and I'd be poor...lol. More power to you!

lol I never watched those networks either until I started working here. But I have to say they are starting to carry a lot of really great things. a lot of name brand clothing and makeup that you find in department stores and I get a nice little discount on that cupcake courier everyone loves lol. But yes it is hard to sell soe of these things to ppl and not want to buy it myself lol.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:04pm
post #11 of 47

I think it's cool, unnecessary, but cool. I love to buy all the stuff that I so don't need icon_lol.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:07pm
post #12 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

hummmm, who would really consider buying this? eh... not me.. thumbsdown.gif total waste of money and space... I seriously doubt it even works well.. jmho, of course icon_smile.gif

hehe I am working now and we just aired it .... today is the first day it has been offered and it sold out ...... I am interested to see the customer reviews onthis thing in a couple weeks when ppl get it and actually try it out .... we shall see lol.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:07pm
post #13 of 47

Waste of money for anyone who can use a piping bag. It's a novel idea and I am sure there are some people who will think it's cool (as evidenced by the fact that it's sold out) but not me.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #14 of 47

I agree it takes just a few seconds to fill your cupcake anyway and I have to save the space I ( almost ) have left for things I have to have. Let us know what you hear about how it works though.

fba322 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fba322 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:22pm
post #15 of 47

I wouldn't buy one personally because I just use a piping bag and tip to fill my cupcakes. But when I first looked at it, I thought it wouldn't leave a huge hole in the top because the cupcake would rise above it. But then I realized the silicone piece would have to come out of the cupcake so it would pull a big hole in the top of the cupcake. SO I don't know really if it would work well or not. Interesting though...

AmandaPanda Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:24pm
post #16 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by fba322

I wouldn't buy one personally because I just use a piping bag and tip to fill my cupcakes. But when I first looked at it, I thought it wouldn't leave a huge hole in the top because the cupcake would rise above it. But then I realized the silicone piece would have to come out of the cupcake so it would pull a big hole in the top of the cupcake. SO I don't know really if it would work well or not. Interesting though...

hey there .... another Amanda in Middle TN???? Where are ya at?

fba322 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fba322 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:30pm
post #17 of 47

Hi. Nice to meet you Amanda....

I'm in Cookeville, about 80 miles East of Nashville. How about you?

AmandaPanda Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:36pm
post #18 of 47
Quote:

I am in Murfreesboro (30 miles south of Nashville)

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:40pm
post #19 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

Quote:

My Auntie lives in Murfreesboro! icon_biggrin.gif Unfortunately, I've never visited. And she moved there waaaaaay before I was born!

AmandaPanda Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:43pm
post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relznik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

Quote:

My Auntie lives in Murfreesboro! icon_biggrin.gif Unfortunately, I've never visited. And she moved there waaaaaay before I was born!

wow, small world isn't it!

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:50pm
post #21 of 47

Yep! icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:04pm
post #22 of 47

there must be another use for this gadget other than just filling a cupcake w/filling. what about using the cupcake for a desert server??? you know how they have those chocolate cordial cups maybe a layered desert??? I don't think I could justify purchasing such an item, but, thinking out of the box icon_rolleyes.gif

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:13pm
post #23 of 47

Wouldn't you have a cupcake with filling coming out of the bottom, it's so simple to stick a tip in and squeeze. And who want's to clean that!! Not Me.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:21pm
post #24 of 47

I wouldn't want to use it for what they are suggesting but I am thinking it might be good to bake angel food cupcakes and fill the cavity with fresh strawberries...no icing.

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:26pm
post #25 of 47

I will never buy another Debby Meyer product. Her "green bags" suck and were a complete waste of $20.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:29pm
post #26 of 47

I don't think it would work well for making dessert cups because it just leaves a smallish hole. You really couldn't get much in there. JMHO!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #27 of 47

I wouldn't waste my money on it!

AmandaPanda Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 9:55pm
post #28 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaS104

I will never buy another Debby Meyer product. Her "green bags" suck and were a complete waste of $20.

her green boxes are AWESOME! I have never tried her bags but I pick fresh strawberries every summer but it is like a 45 minute drive to the farm so we pick a TON at a time and after 2 weeks in the box they were good, infact I went on vacation and thought I needed to freeze them before I left but in the mad rush to get things packed I forgot to freeze them. I came home a week later (3 weeks in the box now) expecting them to be moldy and they were just then starting to get a tad dry but were still firm and perfectly good. I used them for muffins and fresh strawberry cake .... YUMMY!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:07pm
post #29 of 47

I could see this added to the next time someone posts a

"Cake Tools You Wish You'd Never Bought" thread.

Someone gave me one of those green bags to try - yes, they suck. The boxes sound like something worth me trying. Anyone else ever used them?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:11pm
post #30 of 47

That is amazing.... It's sold out.... icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%