If You Are Looking For Updates On Joanne...

Baking By TracyLH Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 3:45pm by TracyLH

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 7

First of all, many thanks to all of those who posted their thoughtful and helpful messages to Joanne914 in her fight against recently diagnosed breast cancer and the issue with bad cells found in her lymph nodes. I got an e-mail from her this morning and went to post her latest info as so many are concerned and couldnt find the posting. It has been moved to The Lounge. If you wish to see the updates, here is the new link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=613452&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I chose to put the information originally in the Cookie Forum as that is the community here on CC who knows her best. I was so scared they deleted the posting, but understand why they moved it. She is also getting great information by being within The Lounge. Although I will add the following info next on the original posting, her operation scheduled for today has been postponed. Her bone scan was thankfully great, but they found some suspicious lymph nodes in another area which are warranting a specializd CAT scan called a PET scan on Monday. If (fingers crossed this is not the case) the suspicious lymph nodes are an issue, she will do chemo first and then surgery. Again, hopefully this is not the case and she can just get the surgery done immediately.

It is rather rough for her right now, but she very sincerely appreciates everyones support. It is just too hard for her right now to respond herself, but she will in time. Please keep her in your thoughts and if you do add any comments here, please direct them straight to her or add them to the new posting shown above. Thank you again for your concern and help. It really means SO much during a such a difficult time.

6 replies
riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:35am
post #2 of 7

Thank you SO much for the updates. You are a special woman. I'm glad she knows how many of us are thinking of her and praying for her. I wish there were more I could do. I was a caregiver to my SIL with cancer for 8 mos and know that rough road. Joanne is a lucky woman to have touched so many lives and to have friends like you with her at this time in her life. Hugs to her and hugs to you for your heart.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 2:34am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by riSHEL

Thank you SO much for the updates. You are a special woman. I'm glad she knows how many of us are thinking of her and praying for her. I wish there were more I could do. I was a caregiver to my SIL with cancer for 8 mos and know that rough road. Joanne is a lucky woman to have touched so many lives and to have friends like you with her at this time in her life. Hugs to her and hugs to you for your heart.

riSHEL-You said what a lot of us are thinking beautifully!

TracyLH Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 7

riSHEL - You most certainly did! I felt at such a loss as to what I could do when she told me and on my end I am so appreciative of all of the support everyone is giving her. You all are so very special and this helps to show what a strong community we have to pull together for a friend in need.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by riSHEL

riSHEL-You said what a lot of us are thinking beautifully!

My thoughts exactly!

Hoping for good news during the coming weeks thumbs_up.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 7

keeping her in my prayers...

TracyLH Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 7

In case you missed it as it is in the Lounge Forum, Joanne has posted on update on how she is doing. Here is the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6199062-.html#6199062

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%