Sick Of Being Sick...venting

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 2:45pm by alvarezmom

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:23pm
post #31 of 43

My aunt told me to try bee polen. She said it would help! Our next visit we will talk about a shot, but I'm scared. I dont want to give her a shot cause I hate shots!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:28pm
post #32 of 43

Oh! The allergist said to give your child (over the age of 1) local bee honey because it exposes your child to the local flora and fauna that they'll be exposed to during pollen season. Too bad they don't have a remedy for dog dander.
My father asked me if I couldn't just get a hypoallergenic dog...I'm like, "Dad, all dogs have skin and therefore all have dander". I told my DD's allergist about it and he burst out laughing.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 1:22am
post #33 of 43

I know that most are talking about allergies, but I want to let you know that if family members share a bathroom where the toothbrushes are near each other, guess where the cold germs are living it up and having a party with each other. Yep, toothbrushes are a breeding ground for germs that jump from one toothbrush to another. When you think you are over an illness and it reoccurs, you can bet it came from your toothbrush. You have to sterilize them or get new ones, but at the very least keep them totally separate from each other. When my child was small, I would put it in the dishwasher weekly and get a new on every month while cold season was active. It really does help. Just a little FYI.

alvarezmom Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 2:12pm
post #34 of 43

Thanks for the info. dldbrou. That's so gross if tou think about it! LOL I wonder what my germs are telling my husband's germs! LOL

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 3:17pm
post #35 of 43

Hi, my second and third boys also have allergies, including to dogs and birds, at the time we found out, we were raising love birds, cocktails and peach face love birds, and had a german shephard and a cat we adopted from the humane society. They started getting the shots for like 3 years, also used flonase, claritin, etc. to make it short, we sold ALL the birds, and I loved to raise those baby birds and hand feed them after 2 or 3 weeks old, my sons learned since very small to train them to jump from one finger to the other, etc I didn't want to return the cat to the h.soc. so a dear friend of mine that has 5 cats took her in, I KNOW is well taken care off,the dog we keep her as an outside dog and they did not get close to her ,they improved a lot, some time ago I bought some natural vitamins and gave them to my sons, my 2nd. son got REALLY sick and his allergies acted really bad, (my fault for not asking the dr. first), the vitamins contained bee pollen and the dr. told me more than likely the pollen was from another region and stop taking it. well, they outgrew the allergies, one is 19 and my 3rd.is 15, they don't take the shots anymore, very rarely get allergic reactions and now my youngest son 8, has a very small chiuahua dog inside the house and I have a double yellow head parrot. The 19 years old suffers from sinus, but not that often anymore and since he is in college now, lives @ home but with school and his mariachi gigs and practices, most of the time he is not home. I hope your children outgrows their allergies. and alvarezmom, I understand your situation with SIL, I have a step-daughter, she has an 11 yo boy, never married and she acts like your SIL, we have been soooo close to call CPS and take away our grandson, but are afraid they will send him to foster home somewhere else, anyway we are on top of her and since we are the ones that help her most of the time she does not complain, and he is with us every summer and school break,besides her sister lives very close to them (in Dallas, we live S.Texas), and he stays with her most of the weekends, she talks the talk but don't walk the walk as a mother. I really feel for all of you with sick children. God bless all of you always not just 2009

alvarezmom Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:10pm
post #36 of 43

Just an UPDATE! So I have noticed little things around the house that are not where I left them. My girls have told me some of their personal stuff is not where they left them either. Today I was looking for a jacket my DH got me from work. It's a navy blue pullover and has "Budweiser" stitched on it. I had just gotten the jacket. I left it on your love seat and this morning I couldnt find it! I checked the hall closet, my closet, the dirty clothes hamper, under my bed..EVERYWHERE! I cant find it. SIL had made comments when I first got it. I'm not saying she took it yet, but if I cant find it when I get home she will be getting s strongly worded text from me.

The other things that we cant find are (get this!) brnad new tube of tooth paste, hair products, DD's hat and mittens, some of my recipes--that SIL wanted to know how I made these cakes & icings--

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:13pm
post #37 of 43

This is bunch of bs! Medicaid covers more than private insurance (just don't try to go out of network)! and you're more likely not to have a copay. And most dr's offices have a sign that says "we will not refuse treatment due to lack of ability to pay. Please speak to us to make arrangements" or something like that.

and getting rid of your child for a dog? i hope she doesn't have a child!

alvarezmom Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:18pm
post #38 of 43

Opps I ment our not your love seat! HEHEHE That's probably why I cant find my jacket cause I left it on YOUR love seat! LOL

Oh here is a picture of the cake that I had due today. I'm improving. I should have added another layer to the bottom tier, but the lady just loved it!
LL

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #39 of 43

I can't believe Medicaid would not pay for her meds. We have insurance and my preschooler has chronic urticaria (hives). We have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in copays in 2008 going to doctors and trying new meds. (He takes 8 pills per day, he is 3 1/2). We didn't really always have the money but his health comes first, and God provides. (Cakes helped too!)

My point is I had a friend in another state whose children all had severe respiratory problems the first few years of their lives. Those kids were using probably close to $1000 worth of nebulizer meds and inhalers and pills per month....and my friend didn't pay a dime because Medicaid covered every bit of it. (Good thing for her, since her hub was a bum and she did the best she could trying to work and get extra money for her kids.)

Anyway I pay more for my kids health care than my friend does on her kids'.... so I find it hard to believe that Medicaid would not pay for this child's bronchitis....which can turn to pneumonia...which can lead to death.

BTW I sure hate when people bring their kids around knowing they are sick...whenever my 3 yo gets a virus, his hives flare horribly, and then he suffers with the virus AND horrible itching. I'm dreading the day he gets a stomach bug and can't hold down his meds! He's had the hives for 17 months now and is a fairly rare case. Fun stuff....

alvarezmom Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:53pm
post #40 of 43

That's what SIL told me when she had me believing it was allergies. I now know I should have gone with my gut feeling-that it was something else.

This is just like her though..very typical. Always lying about something. I had medicaid for my girls years ago. I have health insurance through my work now, and boy are my copays crazy high some times. I once had to pay $50 for eye drops for my daughter who had gotten pink eye because of a sinus infection. Her Dr. said for me never to pay that much again that he would call in a diffrent prescription next time.

Oh and she never admitted to me that he had bronchittis. She admitted this to my MIL. She kept telling me, DH and other SIL that he had allergies.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 4:58pm
post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezmom

That's what SIL told me when she had me believing it was allergies. I now know I should have gone with my gut feeling-that it was something else.

This is just like her though..very typical. Always lying about something. I had medicaid for my girls years ago. I have health insurance through my work now, and boy are my copays crazy high some times. I once had to pay $50 for eye drops for my daughter who had gotten pink eye because of a sinus infection. Her Dr. said for me never to pay that much again that he would call in a diffrent prescription next time.

Oh and she never admitted to me that he had bronchittis. She admitted this to my MIL. She kept telling me, DH and other SIL that he had allergies.

My husband's sister is similar...her...um...eight kids are all in foster care except the oldest who is a legal adult and living with his grandma now. Sometimes people are past help...they take advantage and take money and they get you to feel sorry for them just long enough for them to get more of what they want from you. We have finally had to just stop helping his sister, although every time she gets out of jail she is awfully convincing that she's "different now"....oh brother. Luckily she lives far away so we just have to deal with things over the phone. There IS something to be said for living far from family. haha.

I don't know how I got such a nice husband out of the family he came from. LOL.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 8:30pm
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

and getting rid of your child for a dog? i hope she doesn't have a child!

Yes, she does...2 to be precise. Of course, she's the type who loves doling out information on what everyone else should do with their lives, but never seems to think she can use any...I just ignored her (of course). I told my mom (her sister) that I would be the one who would be devasted (my DH and DS too) if my daughter had an asthma attack and died. She'd just go on living her life and "pity Tita, she lost her daughter" (God forbid)

alvarezmom Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 2:45pm
post #43 of 43

This puts a whole new meaning to "reach out and slap some one"! LOL That was mean to say but hey some ppl deserved to be. Your aunt sounds allot like my SIL.

I am going to call the school tomorrow to see if she sent my nephew to school. When she moved in with me I enrolled nephew into school. I wonder if she remembers I can call the school and get what ever info. I want??? MMM It sucks because SIL doesnt realize who are the real victims; THE KIDS!!!

I want to thank all of you who have shared your stories and helped me last week. I was so upset about what SIL did and said. Some one told me not to worry about her and I couldnt help but let what she said about me as a mother bother me so much! But they said "You know what type of mother you are. You know what type of mother she is. And ppl who know you, know what type of mother you are and what type she is."

So THANKS to all of you! Maybe one day we wont ever have to deal with idiot family members! I wish we could "bake" them out of the family! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%