Help Asap!!!!

Baking By Momkiksbutt Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 2:22pm by kathys90

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:04am
post #1 of 16

I just had a request for something called a Silvana with Ladyfingers!!?? For New Years!!!!

Does anyone know what that is??? I know what lady fingers are, but not the other part...

Please let me know your answers and help me fulfill a New Years wish!

Thanks everyone!!

Lisa

15 replies
Momkiksbutt Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:22am
post #2 of 16

Come on ladies and gents....I see a few have looked but no answers.....not to nag, but I really do need one.....

I know you won't let me down! icon_smile.gif

Hurry....LOL

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:34am
post #3 of 16

Hey fellow Washingtonian! I've Googled and Googled, I can't figured it out either. I tried spelling it Sylvania too, but they both seem to be names. I first thought you wrote Sultana, which are blond raisins. Santa Silvana is a type of wine...

Go back and ask them to give you some more ingredients...is it possible they want a Tiramisu? That is the most obvious dessert with ladyfingers. Sorry I can't help you any better....good luck!!

Hope you and yours were okay thru the blizzards! icon_smile.gif

sarand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarand Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:07am
post #4 of 16

Hi I too had alook on the web and all i could find was this link:

https://www.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/purchase?sid=127870&quantity=1&product_id=93

this is what it says:
Scrumptious meringue wafers are layered with whipped butter sprinkled with sugar and covered with a thin dusting of bread crumbs. Simply addictive!
Really dont know if this is what it is?? and unfortunatley it doesnt tell you how to make it...

sorry and good look
xx

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 11:31am
post #5 of 16

i tried to google with no luck too. how come you don't just ask the person who requested it what it is?

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 16

I've no idea.. but here's a bump! I would contact the client and ask for more information!

DaCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaCakeDiva Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 16

Bump

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 16

Bump

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:37pm
post #9 of 16

I, like others, have googled "Silvana" and various spellings and have come up with nothing. I've even checked The Food Lover's Companion and there is no listing. I'm thinking either the customer has the name wrong; it is something obscure from another country; or it is something that the customer calls Silvana but is really known by another name.

Bottom line: ask the customer what it is! Don't be embarrassed because you don't know; as you can see, many of us here are at a loss too. Sometimes you just have to ask questions. icon_smile.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:44pm
post #10 of 16

I have asked RecipeZaar forum for help. Hopefully, we'll get a response quickly. I've never heard of this cake, so....

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 16

I found this on the House of Silvana's website:

"A Silvana is a frozen cookie made with a layer of buttercream sandwiched between two cashew-meringue wafers, coated with cookie crumbs. Many describe it as a cookie version of a Sans Rival."

Here's the link: http://www.houseofsilvanas.com/index.html

Not sure if this will help or not, not really a cake, per se.

Good luck!

Momkiksbutt Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:53am
post #12 of 16

First of all...Thanks for all the responses!! I now have what I need and my hubby will kill me, but I've just got to make these!!!

Secondly, We have had the most snow this year so far that they have had here for over 15 years!! It has melted over the last three days, but boy was it pretty for Christmas!!! And the kids loved being able to have a couple of extra days of vacation and to use their snow scooters on our own street and neighborhood!! LOL What fun!! The bad part was the stupid lack of snow plowing and being snowed in for a week...no garbage pick up for three weeks, and all the unwise drivers out there on the roads.

I grew up in snow country, in eastern oregon, so I know how to drive in it...and l lived in South eastern Idaho for 10 years...needless to say the folks up here are just not smart when it comes to adverse weather...rain or snow...I just have to shake my head and wonder how they ever got their drivers licenses sometimes.

Now...if I can get my clients e-mail to work, I will give her the good news and maybe get alittle business out of this as well. Thanks again everyone!!!

Lisa

kathys90 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:32pm
post #13 of 16

Let us know how they turn out!

kathys90 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 5:33pm
post #14 of 16

Let us know how they turn out!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:08pm
post #15 of 16

RecipeZaar gave the same website as above. Good luck and let's see a photo.

kathys90 Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 2:22pm
post #16 of 16

So....what happened? How did they turn out?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%