Question For The Toronto Ontario....

Business By muddpuppy Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 12:52pm by muddpuppy

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 3

Hiya all you T.Dot people!! I have a quick question I'm hoping someone might be able to answer for me... I know that it is not legal to run a food service biz from a rented residential space in the GTA, but is that because of zoning? Can I rent a house that is commercially zoned and sell sweets?

2 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 3

I think it depends on your region. My home is commercially zoned (I have yet to get my kitchen licensed) but my neighbour has a bakery (they live above it) and she had her kitchen approved but I'm not sure what the guidelines are. I'm just looking into it myself. I think your best bet is your regions health dept. HTH, I'm still figuring this out myself. Let me know how you make out.

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply Kaat.... I'll call and let you know what they say... cross me fingers! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%