What Brand/store Of Sleeve Fillings Should I Use?

Decorating By maggiev777 Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 8:43pm by maggiev777

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 6

I've heard people refer to sleeve fillings and really would like to try them. Are there different brands? What brand should I buy? Where should I buy them? (I need an online site since we have no cake store nearby.) I really want yummy yummy yummy ones!

Thanks for any help!

5 replies
cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 6

I usually just go to my local king soopers.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 6

I haven't found a chocolate sleeve I liked ever, so if anyone has plz let us know! I have found some that made me toss them straight in the garbage, though.

I find they are all kinda the same otherwise, and just pick one to try. I've tried about 4 different strawberry sleeves and besides their chunkiness, they all tasted about the same. I prefer high-end jarred preserves if using a fruit filling. I do use the seedless raspberry sleeves, and while I've never tried it (I don't like raspberry.) everyone always showers the cake with compliments.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 6

henry and henry i like best

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 6

I generally use the ones from Dawn, but Henry and Henry are generally considered the best. Dawn is convenient, though as there is a local warehouse.

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for the helpful replies. I ended up ordering a few from Country Kitchen. I hope they are okay - they didn't say what brand they are! Hmmm. I will order Henry and Henry next time. So glad to have the recommendation. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%