Strawberry Shortcake

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 27 Dec 2008 , 2:02pm by katwomen1up

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:37am
post #1 of 5

I am in desperate need of an idea for a strawberry shortcake cake. Its due tomorrow a.m. and all I have so far is a double layer ten inch round cake iced white. I have fondant and I tried to make a strawberry shortcake house out of RK treats and cover it, but that ended in a bad way, I'm sure you know what I mean. I see lots of cute cakes in the galleries, but they are either all stacked or character pan shaped. I am not good at FBCT's and I can't seem to find a strawberry shortcake candle anywhere so I don't even have that to work with. Any ideas please??????????

4 replies
sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 6:48am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

Nunuk has a very cute Strawberry short cake posted, with strawberries around the sides and stripes,you could add a girly bow, and an FBCT or an edible image of Strawberry shortcake would be cool. Are you able to make a fondant strawberry short cake to stick on the top? Good luck!

J

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 5

Cakerator, you have a few choices. You said you had a double layer ten inch and the cakes in the gallery were stacked. I would pm the decorator and ask for some directions on how they did their cake. If you are good at using your eye I would make your double layer into strawberry shortcakes face. Scrap off the white and make it a skin tone. You can add strawberries for the border. Or...
Start over with a sheet cake and carve strawberry shortcake. Lastely invest in a charactor pan. Do you have a cake shop around that rents the pans? You don't have a lot of time so come up with another plan so you aren't up all night stressing out. I know how that is and it sucks! I hope on of these works for you.

Kat

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 5

thanks you guys ... I did end up stressing out and made a design decision of my own .. I hope my friend likes it .. it's for her girl's 4th birthday and its the third design I have come up with .. the other two did not work out .. but it was to late to call her .. I am sure she will be happy with it .... my dh said no more cakes till he goes back to work!

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 5

Cakerator I just looked in your gallery and I'm sure any decision you made was a good one!. Your cakes are beautiful, you have nothing to worry about.

Kat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%