Cupcake Pans....what Do You Use??

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 27 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm by Susie53

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 5

I use the Pampered Chef stoneware muffin and a regular muffin pan. My cupcakes always turn out good, but I've heard a lot of people talk about actual cupcake pans...where do you get those and is there really such a thing?

Also, my cupcakes are never the same size. I am working hard on filling the liners only 1/2 to 2/3 full, but they are never uniform. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks icon_smile.gif


4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 5

For the size thing, use a scoop .... big cookie scoop, ice cream scoop.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 5

I just use regular cupcake pans. They sell them in supermarkets, craft stores, department stores - nothing fancy. Although I think Wilton makes a larger cupcake pan. I use a cookie scoop to fill them - that way the batter gets evenly distributed.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 5

Wilton actually makes two different cupcake pans. icon_confused.gif One is just like the pans in the supermarket etc. Dark grey, coated, average size cup. The other is a shiny silver. The cups are larger/wider. I find that only the Wilton brand cupcake paper works well with this pan. Regular papers are too small at the bottom for this one. I have been lucky enough to find cupcake papers in my $.99 store. They only come in white, but are labeled Xlarge and they are a little bit taller than the average cupcake paper. I fill my cups with an ice cream scoop too! More control, and more consistent size of cupcake. Good Luck!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 5

For making cupcakes the same size I use an ice cream scoop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%