I Must Really Love Him...

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 4:23am by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:10am
post #1 of 13

I guess icon_lol.gif
It's 5am and I've been up since 7am yesterday with only about 3 hours of sleep then.
I've been making filled chocolates, solid chocolates, cupcakes, French chocolate cakes, spiced nuts...etc. for my DH's business clients pretty much for the last few weeks. I'm tired and exhausted!
We have 4 kids that get up around 7am usually and go to bed around 9pm. After they go to bed I've been up to at least 3am or later almost every night. I'm starting to crash.
All I have to do is just finish these up for tonight and I'll be done for a few more days.
I'm glad I only have a Christmas Eve dinner for my in-laws to cook and a few desserts for New Years left for his clients. I might be on strike after that. icon_lol.gif
So this may seem like a grip but it's really not. I love him so much that I'm willing to do this. My mom says I'm crazy, but after 15 years together almost (close to 12 married) I still love him...at times J/K.

12 replies
debydll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debydll Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:19am
post #2 of 13

How nice words you say...Everything made with a lot of love !!!! icon_smile.gif
Your DH must love so much too!!!!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas and a really happy new year!!!!!!!!!

(PS:pardon my english...)

candynumber1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candynumber1 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:46am
post #3 of 13

I think that's beautiful that you love him like that. It's really an inspiration, seeing the way most marriges go these days. I'm very happy for you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . After 8 years I feel that way about my hubby and I often wondered if I was the only one. I often find myself exhausted, staying up hr after hr trying to finish a cake, but i'm also excited to see the finished product. Then, the reaction from everyone once they see it and taste it is also a plus. You know your hard work will be appreciated. I sometimes threaten to go on strike for a while, but then after being bored for 2 days with nothing to do it's back to baking again! LOL!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 13

I'm right there with you! (Not necessarily the "for the clients" thing, but baking constantly, 4 kids, not much sleep!) I have just a few things to finish up today, and then I can start to concentrate on getting things ready for Christmas!
Hubby & I have been married for almost 20 years (May) and we are more in love now, than then. Can't believe it's been that long - time really flies! Sadly, it's rare that people last as long as we (or you) have!
Try to at least get some rest!
Have a very Merry Christmas!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 13

I am in a similar boat as you.........and I have someone I've been talking with for a wedding cake back and forth for months that finally decided on the design YESTERDAY and the wedding is on SATURDAY.........you wanna talk about stressfull?????????????? I will NEVER EVER do this again with a bride.......the cake was gonna be for 12 people to start with so I took 3 other orders for that day (usually I do ONE wedding cake a weekend and block out Thur. Frid. and Sat. for baking/dec. and resting) and I have to drive my kids 8 hrs. to their grandparents' house the day before the wedding!!! yikes!!!!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 13

YAY! I am glad and heartened to see I am not the only one who does this! When my DH asks for goodies to take to work, I go out of my way to make them special. I know that he likes to brag about me to his coworkers (as much as he denies it), so I make it extra special.

This is what I love about CC, the ladies and gentlemen that are on here are on here to make themselves better because they love what they do.

Merry Christmas!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:36pm
post #7 of 13

Me too! My hubby would NEVER ask me for anything to take to work though! He's retired now but I would find out about potlucks....that night when he tells me what they had. I've offered so many times to make something for him to take to a potluck or to his co-workers and he didn't want me spending the time.

I made a wedding cake this past weekend and hubby was great! He says he stays out of my way but he had bought supplies for me. I am a messy cook and even though I worked really hard to keep the counters clean and dishes washed, the floor looked Horrible!! Well, yesterday, he got down on his hands and knees and scrubbed it clean for me. Wow! I was so impressed. He would kill me for telling you this but I was really impressed.

He's very supportive and I love him to death! We worked together for 5 years and dated for 1 of those years. We married in Oct. 1992 and I'm happier than I ever thought I could be, especially after some of the jerks I dated.

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 13

That is so sweet! I had to do the same thing for a Boy Scouts pack meeting, except I also made dinner for 50 people on top of the desserts.... I think your husband really appreciates you!

mkolmar Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 13

I was so tired when I posted this that I completely forgot that I did till today. icon_redface.gif
Just wanted to say you all made me smile with your comments and stories. I knew I wasn't the only crazy one who would do this.

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 13

I can relate! My husband often get me into baking for his work and friends. I find myself baking late hours into the night with kids to tend too and dinner for us to be fixed. He always say "I do this because I'm proud of what you do" and yes I fall for it every time icon_redface.gif

loneleaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loneleaf Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:41pm
post #11 of 13

Im not married and this post reminds me of my mother. Usually she would be the one who wake up earliest in the house to prepare breakfast and stuff yet she still manage to go for a short walk. And at night she is the one who stays up late to clean and rearrange all the things remain. So we children dont demand her to cook us anymore delicious meals or bake cakes. I will be the one who does that icon_smile.gif

twinsmake5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsmake5 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 11:26pm
post #12 of 13

I'd be nowhere without my husband. We are a real team. Two very different people learning from each other and enjoying most every minute. I've gotten lots of orders from his co-workers and he is my very special delivery man. I get emails from his staff telling me of the pride in his eyes as he delivered this or that. He's incredibly supportive and proud that I've found this niche. After 26 years of marriage and five children, he's as thrilled as me that I've found something I love that will continue on after the nest is emptied. He also doesn't complain about the pounds I've gained from all the baked good sitting around. Now that's sweet! For our anniversary this year, he got me an apron with Cakes and Cookies and Smiles, Oh My!! embroidered on it and offered to remodel the garage for a legal kitchen for my work. It is so wonderful to have such support. It's worth all the late nights and early mornings!

mkolmar Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #13 of 13

You all have such wonderful stories. I'm so happy for you all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%