Cake Half Done, Party Cancelled ... Now What?

Decorating By __Martha__ Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 12:17pm by Kim_in_CajunCountry

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 9:25am
post #31 of 35

Wow! Those pictures of snow are beautiful. I wish that we could have just a flurry of snow. That would make me happy. The closest thing we get to show is rain. Lol You would think that it is -90 here with people selling and wearing hats, gloves, and scarves and ugg boots. It makes me laugh just looking at people in the store all bundled up. The only reason that I wear boots is for the fashion. Wish I was there for just a week.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:26pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakin

OMG, those pics of all the snow and everyone in the deep cold. Sounds like to me you would have been safe to have wrapped the cake in saran wrap and left the cake in the garage. From all the snow you wouldn't have had to worry about it defrosting until May.

LOL! This is our winter party fridge method!! Just throw whatever out onto the deck!! "Need another drink? Bar is outside!" (Just don't forget it is out there overnight, because it becomes one with the deck until May...) icon_wink.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 11:12pm
post #33 of 35

Oh that's too funny. We do the same thing! Everything goes outside. One year we ran out of cooler space during a party and my hubby went out and pulled off sheets of ice from the pool cover and built a cooler in the snow out of the ice.

__Martha__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Martha__ Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #34 of 35

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

You know you're Canadian if ... your beer fridge consists of bottles thrown into pile of snow on your back deck.

The good thing about this concept is that kids don't clue into it. It has always amazed me that we can have beer or wine chillin' in a snowbank for weeks and it remains untouched. If the neighbourhood kids (teenagers) simply did a tour of the back yards on the street, they'd have enough of a stash to get them through the winter! icon_biggrin.gif Good thing there aren't too many bright ones.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 12:17pm
post #35 of 35

[quote="__Martha__"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_in_CajunCountry

That is a beautiful picture, Kim!

Thank you! I took it with my dying camera. But Santa came early and my NEW camera arrived last night! Photography is my other passion. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%