How Far Ahead Can I Do This Cake?

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 4:21am by puzzlegut

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:32am
post #1 of 4

I have someone that wants me to make a grooms cake for the Saturday after Christmas. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the cake made on Monday and still have it be good by Saturday. What I could do is keep it on the porch which isn't heated so that it'll stay cold. Does that sound like it would work?

3 replies
Ms_Cake_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ms_Cake_Lady Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:40am
post #2 of 4

I'm making a cake on Wednesday - baking on Tuesday night, then decorating on Wednesday - for a Saturday party. I actually posted a very similar question a couple days back if you want to see the responses. I plan on using buttercream because I think that'll work better than fondant.

puzzlegut Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 4

My plan was to bake the cake Sunday night and then decorate it on Monday, have it delivered on Friday so it can be served for Saturday. Does this sound like it would work or is it too long? It would just be a 12x18" sheet cake with no filling and shortening based buttercream. I would probably keep it on the back pourch in the house which isn't heated so that it would be basically in cooled environment.

puzzlegut Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

I have another cake for NYE. If I bake it Saturday night and decorate it on Sunday for Wednesday, would that be fine?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%