Posting On Craigslist?...really?

Business By gr8cakemaker Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 3:32pm by sweetlayers

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:41pm
post #61 of 64

I had gotten several outstanding clients from Craigslist so I can't knock it. If you present yourself in a professional manner, I think you will be fine as long as you are legal.

When you are just beginning, I don't see an issue with it at all.

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:55am
post #62 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlayers

I had gotten several outstanding clients from Craigslist so I can't knock it. If you present yourself in a professional manner, I think you will be fine as long as you are legal.

When you are just beginning, I don't see an issue with it at all.

I agree with you Sweetlayers. I have gotten several repeat customers who have found me on CL. You have to start somewhere when you are trying to get the word out.

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:36pm
post #63 of 64

I have one website that is specifically for craigslist. It has only my email, pricing and photos.

I have a notice at the bottom of my craigslist ad that says "Due to the high number of scams and solicitors with Craigslist only email correspondence is available until authenticity of inquiry can be established." Only having the email helps with scams and idiots calling me trying to sell ME things.

I have another website that is more professional for my bigger clients and the one I use on my business cards and in all my other advertising. It has everything.

With my husband out of the country for the next 18 months because he got laid off 6 months ago and couldn't get a job here in the US...I do what I got to do to help with the finances. icon_redface.gif

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:32pm
post #64 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galler

I have one website that is specifically for craigslist. It has only my email, pricing and photos.

I have a notice at the bottom of my craigslist ad that says "Due to the high number of scams and solicitors with Craigslist only email correspondence is available until authenticity of inquiry can be established." Only having the email helps with scams and idiots calling me trying to sell ME things.

I have another website that is more professional for my bigger clients and the one I use on my business cards and in all my other advertising. It has everything.

With my husband out of the country for the next 18 months because he got laid off 6 months ago and couldn't get a job here in the US...I do what I got to do to help with the finances. icon_redface.gif

Don't be ashamed. This is what devoted wives and moms do everyday for the sake of family. Don't be ashamed. I like to call it 'girl power'!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%