I Goofed!

Baking By all4cake Updated 16 Dec 2008 , 12:05pm by Peeverly

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:45am
post #1 of 4

normally when i am testing recipes, i write whatever recipe it is on the outside of the wrap until it has gone through different phases to identify which it is. I found several new(to me) recipes for rolled sugar cookies last week. I chose one and made a batch and separated it and put it into the refrigerator.

Let me throw in here that although I've tasted many delicious recipes that have been shared on here and other sites, I have been looking for one that I could roll thinner than 1/4", be crispy, buttery, easy to handle, roll, hold its' shape...basically, I wanted it all.

Today, I roll out the dough...nice. Thin...thinner...still nice.
baked it...smells delicious...perfect(imho) color...kept its' shape.
i let it cool....so far, i've 'bout eaten a half of the batch! I found it! The perfect rolled sugar cookie recipe! To me, it's perfect anyway.

I forgot to label it and I can't remember which one it was!!!!! icon_cry.gif

It's among the 10 or so others from last week's hunt...i reckon it could be worse...it could be among the other cookie recipes.

it's just a drag is all.

3 replies
Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:48am
post #2 of 4

Well, you'll just have to make 'em up again and then eat 'em all again! Yes, it is a drag but enjoy sampling them (run around the house while your testing them - that way you won't gain any weight!). See the things that happen when we try to be so organized! icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:55am
post #3 of 4

lol...my husband already believes i'm nuts....he kept telling me.."well, stop eating them!". I can only imagine if I ate them while running, in the house! hahahahaha...

I'll be making them again for sure as soon as I figure out which one it was!

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 4

Good luck! Remember "this too shall pass". My Mom used to say that to me about EVERYTHING (from a small cut to a death in the family!). Now I'm saying it to my kids!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%