Utah Residents - Tylose Powder?

Decorating By dmich Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 12:35am by mommapaul3

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 6:16am
post #1 of 3

Sorry to put this on here specifically for Utahns, but I want to be able to pick something up locally. Where do you buy your tylose powder? Does it ever go by any other name?


2 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:17am
post #2 of 3

since we don't really have any cake decorating stores, besides joanns, michaels, hobby lobby,etc. i have never seen it. so i would suggest buying it online, like global sugar arts. but i am curious why you are wanting tylose? if you are wanting a firmer fondant, why not use gumpaste? that is more readily available.

but if you do want tylose




mommapaul3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommapaul3 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:35am
post #3 of 3

You could try Baker's C&C or Orson Gygi. I couldn't find tylose on either website, but they may have it in store. It would be worth a call.


Quote by @%username% on %date%