Cookie Bouquet Base Question

Baking By Edee Updated 13 Dec 2008 , 6:10am by Edee

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 10

what do you put inside your base for the cookie bouquets to have enough weight so they don't fall over?

9 replies
momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 10

I use marbles or dry beans

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 10

I have used a bag of jolly ranchers its sorta like two treats in one!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 10

Sand

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 10

I saw Paula Deen use rice the other day on her "Cookie Exchange" show and then they poured a jar of colored sugar crystals over the top. I would probably go with whatever is cheapest at the time between beans, rice, marbles, etc.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't use sand unless you could cover it with something to ensure it couldn't come in contact with the cookies. You could substitute Sugar in the Raw if you like the look of the sand but I think it's pretty pricey.

K

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 10

I've never used anything other than the green foam that the cookie sticks get pushed into. I've never had a problem with it tipping. However, I also saw the paula deen show where they put rice in and then covered it with sprinkles. It looked so nice that I might start doing that.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 10

When I have a very light pot and/or top-heavy cookies, I will put those class rocks for fish bowls down in there. If I'm using a glass container, I stick candy or jelly beans in, then the green stuff on top wrapped in tissue (so you don't see the green stuff)

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 10

start saving all the packing peanuts that come in boxes...they're free, and work perfectly...i fill up the bucket 1/2 way with the peanuts (or pea gravel purchased from lowes gardening center), then glue a foamcore circle on top, then hotglue small plastic portion cups on top of that. i have a tutorial floating around out there in the forums...

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 5:38pm
post #9 of 10

I have used jelly beans. Found a huge bag at my local cash n' carry for not much money.

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 6:10am
post #10 of 10

thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%